Norwegian Jade-recent experiences with laundry promotions?

Hi all, we are leaving next week on the Norwegian Jade for a 10-night Greek Isles and Italy cruise. I have never been on a vacation where I couldn't do laundry! I know others have posted that they offer a "fill your bag up" for $20 to be washed and dried at some point on the cruise. Does anyone know exactly when they do this? Trying to pack for my kids and don't know how many outfits they will truly need if laundry can be done halfway through. 

On our recent 11-day panama cruise the laundry promo was offered on day 4.   I used my very best Marie Kondo folding techniques to get as much in that bag as I could, but I didn’t do anything really bulky - mostly shirts, underwear and pjs.   No pants or jean shorts.  It was all back the next evening.  

I’ve heard of folks reinforcing the paper bag with tape, but our bag was a pretty nice plastic that held quite a bit. That may have been a perk of the suite. 

11 hours ago, TPgal said:

On our recent 11-day panama cruise the laundry promo was offered on day 4.   I used my very best Marie Kondo folding techniques to get as much in that bag as I could, but I didn’t do anything really bulky - mostly shirts, underwear and pjs.   No pants or jean shorts.  It was all back the next evening.  

I’ve heard of folks reinforcing the paper bag with tape, but our bag was a pretty nice plastic that held quite a bit. That may have been a perk of the suite. 

Thanks for response! Did they offer it again on day 9 or 10 as well?

We were just on the 10 day Jade cruise from Rome (5/23-6/2).  They had the $20 promo twice for us -- day 2 or 3, and then again on day 7 or 8.  If you pay for laundry service -- full-price -- and send it out this morning, it comes back tomorrow evening.  If you do the promo, it will either come back tomorrow evening (like my parents'-in-law) or the next evening (like ours). 

We did not have a suite, so the bag was paper and very thin.  Don't put anything wet and don't overstuff it, or it will rip.

30 minutes ago, mdsgu said:

We did not have a suite, so the bag was paper and very thin.  Don't put anything wet and don't overstuff it, or it will rip.

We always bring a couple extra plastic trash bags (13 gallon size for kitchen garbage).  We used that inside the paper bag to send out our laundry.  Was able to fit quite a bit.

3 hours ago, VacationLove15 said:

Did they offer it again on day 9 or 10 as well?

I think so, but after over packing and having the favorite items cleaned once we were fine without the second service.   Plus, I knew I was going to wash everything when we got home regardless of if they cleaned it or if it wasn’t used. See Mt. Washmore below.  

B89585EB-F0C5-4267-A4FE-E44131D04162.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

another laundry question.  If you put a few items in a mesh bag to keep them separate from the rest of the laundry, will they leave those things in the bag ?

I am wondering this too. Swimsuits and undergarments especially

4 hours ago, ms sjsky said:

We always bring a couple extra plastic trash bags (13 gallon size for kitchen garbage).  We used that inside the paper bag to send out our laundry.  Was able to fit quite a bit.

Good idea! I'll do that. I go right back to work when we return and definitely don't want laundry to do 😝

3 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

another laundry question.  If you put a few items in a mesh bag to keep them separate from the rest of the laundry, will they leave those things in the bag ?

Yes - mesh lingerie bags work great!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mapleleaves said:

just to confirm, are you saying they WILL leave items in the mesh bag ?

They label every piece of clothing, and wash it all with other people’s clothing. Why would you wasn’t your delicates separate, it’s all getting washed together?

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

They label every piece of clothing, and wash it all with other people’s clothing. Why would you wasn’t your delicates separate, it’s all getting washed together?

and all in hot water and hot dryers.... so dedicates could be damaged.....    not to mention their with who ever else's unmentionables are in there..😜

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

just to confirm, are you saying they WILL leave items in the mesh bag ?

I believe they leave them in the lingerie bag...
I don't recall if they were returned in the lingerie bag (it seems like they were - perhaps you can confirm upon your return)...

I do know there has never been a laundry tag on my lingerie, which I sent in the bag...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...