Carnival ship - what port?

beshears

Some of my favorite excursions have been in Cozumel.  I think my two favorites were The Amazing Cozumel Race and the 12 Meter sailboat race. 

The Amazing Cozumel Race is very similar to the TV show.  Your team, which can be a group, races against other teams.  We saw parts of the island that we would have never seen otherwise.

I can’t remember the exact name of the 12 meter sailboat race but basically, they ha e two retired America’s Cup sailboats.... Stars and Stripes and True North.  You literally become a crew member and learn to do a job in sailing the boat.  After some practice, you run a 12 meter race.  

Both of these were SO MUCH FUN!

On 6/14/2019 at 2:57 PM, SNJCruisers said:

Also agree about Maya Chan.  I would recommend a southern route out of  MIA that is 8 days and stops at the ABC'S.  The Horizon will be doing this 7 times over 2020 and 2021.  5/2, 6/27, 8/22, 10/17/20.  1/9, 2/6, 4/3/21.  The October and January sailings are the cheapest.  Good luck.

We're booked on Magic for grant turk/DR/aruba/curacao....8 days, I like that itin

1 minute ago, elcuchio24 said:

We're booked on Magic for grant turk/DR/aruba/curacao....8 days, I like that itin

That is the same itinerary that we're on this August on the Horizon.  Just wish we went to HMC instead of La Romana, especially with all of the trouble going on with some of the resorts in the DR with mysterious deaths.

One place....Bermuda. Started visiting the island years ago. We've also sailed from the UK to NY, and cruised to Nassau, Freeport, Cozumel, Belize, St. Thomas, St. John, and a few other islands since we began cruising in the late eighties. I've been to Bermuda many, many times and it's still my favorite place to visit. 

Thank you for your responses.  I spoke with my 3 sons (they did not know that I had planned this cruise for them) and told them on Father's Day!  At this point, it looks like we are looking towards Jamaica, as it has been so many years since I have been there.  It is possible to "change" my mind, but at this point, that is the way it looks.  Since we live in Missouri, we are taking in the flight cost as well.

15 minutes ago, beshears said:

Since we live in Missouri, we are taking in the flight cost as well.

That's why it's nice to cruise out of MIA or FLL because of the flexibility of flying into either airport.  JetBlue and Southwest are many times cheaper options into FLL.

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

That is the same itinerary that we're on this August on the Horizon.  Just wish we went to HMC instead of La Romana, especially with all of the trouble going on with some of the resorts in the DR with mysterious deaths.

You may still get your wish :-) !!

1 hour ago, purplephenom said:

I'm booked on this route in 2020 and the ABCs in 2021.  I'm so excited about both! 

I think we have kinda settled into a Southern Itin mode for a while...going to work on stagging a 11-12night out of NYC next year

12 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

I think we have kinda settled into a Southern Itin mode for a while...going to work on stagging a 11-12night out of NYC next year

the past few years, we've gone with Sunshine to Aruba/Curacao/Grand Turk, Fascination out of San Juan, and then the 2 Southern cruises coming up.  I sort of want to do the Fascination with no sea days, but I feel like I should mix in the Western.  The Eastern isn't my favorite so it's easy to skip.  But I just love the southern ports so much...

2 hours ago, elcuchio24 said:

If that needs to include southern ports, there are only 4 options and they are all repositioning cruises. 

MSC Meraviglia NYC-MIA 10/22-11/3  6 ports 5 days at sea (12 nights)

Adventure of the Seas  Bayonne-Galveston  11/5-11/16  4 ports 6 days at sea (11 nights)

NCL Breakaway  NYC-NO  11/9-11/22  7 ports 5 days at sea  (13 nights)

NCL Encore  NYC-MIA  11/29-12/12 7 ports 5 days at sea (13 nights)

There are other 11-12 options out of the NYC area, but they do not include any southern ports.

15 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

If that needs to include southern ports, there are only 4 options and they are all repositioning cruises. 

MSC Meraviglia NYC-MIA 10/22-11/3  6 ports 5 days at sea (12 nights)

Adventure of the Seas  Bayonne-Galveston  11/5-11/16  4 ports 6 days at sea (11 nights)

NCL Breakaway  NYC-NO  11/9-11/22  7 ports 5 days at sea  (13 nights)

NCL Encore  NYC-MIA  11/29-12/12 7 ports 5 days at sea (13 nights)

There are other 11-12 options out of the NYC area, but they do not include any southern ports.

Yep, we were looking at Encore. I dont mind repo's out of NYC because flights back from MIA/PR/Wherever are usually very inexpensive

2 hours ago, elcuchio24 said:

Yep, we were looking at Encore. I dont mind repo's out of NYC because flights back from MIA/PR/Wherever are usually very inexpensive

Out of those four options, I would lean towards either Encore or Meraviglia since they are the newest and biggest choices.  And also lean towards the Yacht Club on the Meraviglia.

12 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Out of those four options, I would lean towards either Encore or Meraviglia since they are the newest and biggest choices.  And also lean towards the Yacht Club on the Meraviglia.

I agree about the yacht club, I will have to compare prices....BUT if MSC has the 'kids sail free' promo for that cruise that may offset it. I have no issue with NCL though, and would be happy to check out Encore too. 

On 6/14/2019 at 2:57 PM, SNJCruisers said:

Also agree about Maya Chan.  I would recommend a southern route out of  MIA that is 8 days and stops at the ABC'S.  The Horizon will be doing this 7 times over 2020 and 2021.  5/2, 6/27, 8/22, 10/17/20.  1/9, 2/6, 4/3/21.  The October and January sailings are the cheapest.  Good luck.

We are booked on Horizon 6/27 next year. Main reason we booked it was because we have never been to Bonaire, although we have been to Aruba and Curacao several times and love both of those ports.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yes, since we live in KC, Mo. very close to the airport, that does help when needing to fly.  Normally I take SWA, as was suggested earlier.  The reason being, as my 3 sons say.............."Mom generally takes her whole house with her when she travels," which is just about the truth.  With SWA, getting FREE luggage always seems to work with me.