Princess queries

Abovethesod

Hi All,

We have Aurea booked with room 14029 for a seven day cruise in October with a room, suite, stateroom change available .On checking the deck plan our current room looks fine but do any of the Seaside experts know better as in noise,  convenience to amenities, etc. 

Booking our "free spa experience" is also new, can this be booked prior to boarding as it will be my wife and mine first time in Miami with only a day and a half to enjoy its delights and so we were hoping to delay boarding until later on  

Many more possible daft questions to follow but looking forward to our first MSC cruise.

Bill 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Abovethesod said:

Hi All,

We have Aurea booked with room 14029 for a seven day cruise in October with a room, suite, stateroom change available .On checking the deck plan our current room looks fine but do any of the Seaside experts know better as in noise,  convenience to amenities, etc. 

Booking our "free spa experience" is also new, can this be booked prior to boarding as it will be my wife and mine first time in Miami with only a day and a half to enjoy its delights and so we were hoping to delay boarding until later on  

Many more possible daft questions to follow but looking forward to our first MSC cruise.

Bill 

Your cabin has cabins above and below, so should be quiet.  You are a bit forward, so extra walking from the forward elevators.  Work off the extra calories!  Some people prefer being more midship  - it's totally personal preference.  

As for the Aurea spa treatments - those can only be booked once onboard. The spa staff will give you the list of treatments to choose from (basically any massage by hot stone or four hands) and what times are available.  Obviously, sea days get booked up fastest.  Once you do board - head directly to the spa and book if you have a preference for your times.  If you don't care when it is, then don't worry about it so much, you'll have less options the longer you leave it, but does have to be booked by the second day aboard.  

Seaside is amazing, very different from Princess, in very good ways.

Me again,

Aurea, does it include prepaid gratuities  and if not what is MSC normal rates.

Does Aurea include any speciality dining privileges , either priority  booking or in reference to the cost.

I see loads of massages available but am unsure of what is part of the package and what will be part of the reported hard sell.

As always, thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, Abovethesod said:

Me again,

Does Aurea include any speciality dining privileges , either priority  booking or in reference to the cost.

I see loads of massages available but am unsure of what is part of the package and what will be part of the reported hard sell.

Aurea does not include prepaid gratuities/service charge nor any specialty dining privileges, etc. None of the Experiences do. Everyone's on the same footing with gratuities/Service Charge or specialty dining.

MSCs daily service charge is $12.50 per adult, half for kids and bone for 2 and under.. details at their website. 

Aurea massage is basically any if the Bali massages, sports massage, etc . Doesn't include four hands or hot stone. 

Have two or three you're interested in just in case one isn't available. 

There's no hard sell - you won't even get a receipt to sign for the massage to add a tip or such!

Enjoy 

7 hours ago, Beamafar said:

As an FYI ... I had a hot stone massage when booked in Aurea, so it was included on our sailing.

Awesome. When we sailed Seaside back in Jan, we were told no Hot Stone when we went to sign up.  The info on the site states no Four hands.  

So, I guess this is more of that MSC inconsistency I keep reading about? Lol. .

21 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Awesome. When we sailed Seaside back in Jan, we were told no Hot Stone when we went to sign up.  The info on the site states no Four hands.  

So, I guess this is more of that MSC inconsistency I keep reading about? Lol. .

So true - we were on Poesia.  I prefer the balinese massage and would opt for that again the next time we're in Aurea.

• 4 weeks later...

When do you pick up the Aurea armbands, on boarding, in your cabin? Just thinking of drinks package and will it be available from boarding.

While on our Carnival Dream cruise last year I noticed a lot of stateroom doors bedecked in all sorts of identifying stickers. Is this a Carnival thing or fairly normal across the cruising world?

Thanks

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:18 PM, Abovethesod said:

Me again,

I'm also unsure about the massage types..

My husband and I are getting our room with the Aurea experience which includes 2 massages.  If my husband doesn't want his massage, will I be able to use it or is it one per person?

25 minutes ago, tcmagnum said:

My husband and I are getting our room with the Aurea experience which includes 2 massages.  If my husband doesn't want his massage, will I be able to use it or is it one per person?

You can certainly use his benefit.  I used to use DH's 'til he discovered how good the massages are!   😪

On 6/19/2019 at 4:15 AM, reedprincess said:

Aurea does not include prepaid gratuities/service charge nor any specialty dining privileges, etc. None of the Experiences do. Everyone's on the same footing with gratuities/Service Charge or specialty dining.

MSCs daily service charge is $12.50 per adult, half for kids and bone for 2 and under.. details at their website. 

Aurea massage is basically any if the Bali massages, sports massage, etc . Doesn't include four hands or hot stone. 

Have two or three you're interested in just in case one isn't available. 

There's no hard sell - you won't even get a receipt to sign for the massage to add a tip or such!

Enjoy 

For UK guests the DSC is included in the price since late June.

5 hours ago, Abovethesod said:

When do you pick up the Aurea armbands, on boarding, in your cabin? Just thinking of drinks package and will it be available from boarding.

While on our Carnival Dream cruise last year I noticed a lot of stateroom doors bedecked in all sorts of identifying stickers. Is this a Carnival thing or fairly normal across the cruising world?

Thanks

You get your wristbands right at check-in along with your cruise card. 

As for decorating your cabin door - totally personal. We never have, others do it every cruise no matter what line while still others do it sometimes and not others. Up to you 

4 hours ago, sidari said:

For UK guests the DSC is included in the price since late June.

True, (and Ireland also) however the OP booked before then, and I (we) have no idea whether they're booking in the UK or not anyways. At the time I wrote, the info was correct for their booking regardless of where they booked from..

5 hours ago, tcmagnum said:

Absolutely. It's 2 per stateroom.  Either both if you use one or you use both or he uses both. No problems. 

Any of the Bali one hour ones except 4 hands. Whether you can do the hot stone seems to vary. We couldn't, others have said they could. Doesn't hurt to ask. Go right away to book, good times fill up quick! 

14 hours ago, tcmagnum said:

14 hours ago, Beamafar said:

You can certainly use his benefit.  I used to use DH's 'til he discovered how good the massages are!   😪

On Musica last year they wouldn't let us do that. We had to have one treatment each.