Limelight Club on Britannia

fastnloose

Just come off Britannia and we booked twice for the Limelight Club, the acts were Gareth Gates who was excellent and would definatelly recommend and Cheryl Baker who did more chatting than singing.

Nice venue, quite intimate, lots of tables for two in the middle and edges of the club and larger tables to the back and sides of the venue.

Set 3 course menu which was fine, two different menus depending on the day/show you book but an alternative is offered if you don't like the starter or main course.

Both times we were there it was full so check your cruise peronaliser for when you can book this and do it right away to secure a good table as it's basically the earlier you book the better table you will get.

38 minutes ago, fastnloose said:

Hello fellow cruisers,  has anyone used the Limelight Club venue? I would appreciate any views on the venue, food, seating etc.  Many thanks

We did and saw Sinbad from Brookside, he was very good.

The venue is lovely, service fantastic and the food good if not spectacular.

The whole ambience is great, we will definitely go again.

As for seating, it seems the earlier you book, the better seats you get, but I couldn't really see any bad tables in there.

In our opinion, it was well worth the money.

Andy

We saw Gareth Gates who was really excellent, a real showman. I was not previously a fan but really enjoyed the whole evening.

The venue is very nice as well. The food is fairly basic with small portions and when we were there the service was very slow.

We would book again for the quality of the entertainment alone.

6 hours ago, fastnloose said:

Thanks everyone,  Have now booked for Simon Webbe (Blue)

Done it a few times and think you've made the right choice. Great way to spend an evening. 

The earlier you book, the better the table you get. We've always had the centre table at the front and love it

54 minutes ago, kenhem said:

How long before sailing do bookings generally open for the Limelight? We're on Britannia for the first time next summer and are interested in trying this out.

Usually 90 days before.

11 hours ago, tartanexile81 said:

Done it a few times and think you've made the right choice. Great way to spend an evening. 

The earlier you book, the better the table you get. We've always had the centre table at the front and love it

As we depart in 4 weeks, we will probably be shoved up the back somewhere!!!  Thanks all for your help and comments. xx

Edited by fastnloose
Additional sentence

47 minutes ago, fastnloose said:

As we depart in 4 weeks, we will probably be shoved up the back somewhere!!!  Thanks all for your help and comments. xx

You might be lucky as many of your fellow passengers will not have heard of that 'modern' band Blue.. They might think he is from a 70's 'blue' movie!!! (Not that I know what these are😀).

I really don't think there are any bad seats in the limelight, so you will be fine.

Have a great time,

Andy

1 hour ago, fastnloose said:

The site lines are generally very good in the venue so as Andy says you will be fine regardless.

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

You might be lucky as many of your fellow passengers will not have heard of that 'modern' band Blue.. They might think he is from a 70's 'blue' movie!!! (Not that I know what these are😀).

I really don't think there are any bad seats in the limelight, so you will be fine.

Have a great time,

Andy

Andy YOU BAD BOY!!!   Thanks, and hope we get good seats anyway. xx

Everyone told me the best tables are booked first, I was checking  my CP every day and booked 90 days before the cruise. We were right at the front.

I was worried about the food as wasn’t sure I’d like my main, but it was delicious!

Would definitely book again if we go on Britannia again.

Edited by P&O SUE

I would only book if I really wanted to see the act that was performing. Many of the acts now appearing in Limelight in the past we have seen free in the theatre in the past and didnt think the food was that good. If just going for food go to Epicurean instead far superior food and service.

44 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

I would only book if I really wanted to see the act that was performing. Many of the acts now appearing in Limelight in the past we have seen free in the theatre in the past and didnt think the food was that good. If just going for food go to Epicurean instead far superior food and service.

My thoughts exactly. Whilst on other P&O ships well known artists still perform in the theatre - I saw Jimmy James earlier this year on Azura - I get the impression that on Britannia such artists are now restricted to the Limelight Club at extra charge. This was certainly the case on my more recent cruise on Britannia.

Edited by Denarius

1 hour ago, Denarius said:

My thoughts exactly. Whilst on other P&O ships well known artists still perform in the theatre - I saw Jimmy James earlier this year on Azura - I get the impression that on Britannia such artists are now restricted to the Limelight Club at extra charge. This was certainly the case on my more recent cruise on Britannia.

Jimmy James was on Britannia in May and was in the main theatre and was free. The ones I was referring to are Claire Sweeney and Cheryl Baker who we have seen on other P&O ships and Gareth Gates who was £35 to see in Limelight and we saw him last year in main theatre on Princess at no cost and is currently appearing again on Princess.