Surprise Delivery to Stateroom

If you order through the Fun Shops ahead of time,  he won’t know about it.  Anyone can order through the Fun Shops, it doesn’t have to be the person(s) in the cabin. I sent my son and his wife champagne and some other treats on their cruise and they didn’t know about it. The purchases don’t show up on the regular cruise bill, as the  gifts are paid in full when they are ordered. 

I haven't ordered anything since the delivery fee was instituted, but I know there used to be a selection during the ordering process asking if it's a gift.  

Selecting that option meant it would not be included in order information in your Cruise Manager.  

Just print a copy of your e-mail confirmation to take with you.

And congratulations!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blarko said:

If you order through the Fun Shops ahead of time,  he won’t know about it.  Anyone can order through the Fun Shops, it doesn’t have to be the person(s) in the cabin. I sent my son and his wife champagne and some other treats on their cruise and they didn’t know about it. The purchases don’t show up on the regular cruise bill, as the  gifts are paid in full when they are ordered. 

I ordered water and a bottle of vodka to be delivered and it shows up in our booking.  Is there a way around this?

1 minute ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I ordered water and a bottle of vodka to be delivered and it shows up in our booking.  Is there a way around this?

OK well it never has shown up when I’ve ordered, so maybe they’ve changed it. My suggestion would be to have someone else order the champagne, so it seems as if it’s a gift to your stateroom? You would still be gifting it but if the order is in someone else’s name, they surely wouldn’t put it on your booking.

6 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

When you choose "Anniversary" as your special occasion in your Cruise Manager, they used to give couples a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. I also remember some people saying they'd get a $50 spa gift card. Do they not do any of that anymore?

I have received the spa gift card a couple of times for no occasion.  I have gone to the spa and they have allowed me to pass it on to my granddaughter and a friend. 

Other than that we have never received anything for any occasion when I check them off including birthdays and 40th anniversary cruises.

9 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

When you choose "Anniversary" as your special occasion in your Cruise Manager, they used to give couples a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. I also remember some people saying they'd get a $50 spa gift card. Do they not do any of that anymore?

I think now, it's a little more random.  Sometimes a spa card, sometimes a photo card, I haven't seen anyone mention  champagne and strawberries recently.  It's possible there are just many more people celebrating something on cruises now, so things have changed a little.  

9 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

That would be nice.

10 hours ago, Bookbug53 said:

I have received the spa gift card a couple of times for no occasion.  I have gone to the spa and they have allowed me to pass it on to my granddaughter and a friend. 

Other than that we have never received anything for any occasion when I check them off including birthdays and 40th anniversary cruises.

7 hours ago, purplephenom said:

I think now, it's a little more random.  Sometimes a spa card, sometimes a photo card, I haven't seen anyone mention  champagne and strawberries recently.  It's possible there are just many more people celebrating something on cruises now, so things have changed a little.  

I used to see people on here say they'd get it for their anniversaries all the time, but maybe it's a thing of the past.

Then there were those who always said to go to Heald's fb page, post a comment with your ship, sail date & cabin number, and he'd arrange to have champagne & strawberries delivered, but I haven't seen anyone mention that recently. I guess there's no guarantee he'd even see the post or follow through with it. But I think it got to the point where a ton of people were asking for it, so maybe he doesn't do it anymore, don't know.

5 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I used to see people on here say they'd get it for their anniversaries all the time, but maybe it's a thing of the past.

Then there were those who always said to go to Heald's fb page, post a comment with your ship, sail date & cabin number, and he'd arrange to have champagne & strawberries delivered, but I haven't seen anyone mention that recently. I guess there's no guarantee he'd even see the post or follow through with it. But I think it got to the point where a ton of people were asking for it, so maybe he doesn't do it anymore, don't know.

These days, I’ve seen John respond to some posts saying he’ll send something. He’s not specific so maybe it varies. Not sure. 

On 6/17/2019 at 6:43 PM, Butterbean1000 said:

You must select the "gift" option at check out under "Delivery and Gift options" in order for it not to show up on your documents.

Keep your email conformation.  I did send a bottle of champagne to friends we were traveling with and they did not receive it.  I had to bring a copy of my email to Cherry on Top to get it straightened out.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 8:12 PM, Organized Chaos said:

Last Sept on the Splendor I marked anniversary on our booking and we received a small cake (like 4-bites) at the first dinner and a $12.00 photo gift certificate.

3 hours ago, SarahJeanneSays said:

Last Sept on the Splendor I marked anniversary on our booking and we received a small cake (like 4-bites) at the first dinner and a $12.00 photo gift certificate.

Your cake sounds like the same one they give for birthdays. We took our son's friend last year and he had a birthday while on the cruise. I did mark it in our Cruise Manager, but he didn't get anything for it. So why give the option to mark it down? I told our MDR waiter that night. They sang happy birthday and gave him a tiny cake. It looked more like a couple macaroons stacked on top of one another, covered in icing or fondant.

18 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Your cake sounds like the same one they give for birthdays. We took our son's friend last year and he had a birthday while on the cruise. I did mark it in our Cruise Manager, but he didn't get anything for it. So why give the option to mark it down? I told our MDR waiter that night. They sang happy birthday and gave him a tiny cake. It looked more like a couple macaroons stacked on top of one another, covered in icing or fondant.

This is what we received. Very nice extra that they provided. 

F33EFC2E-436B-4409-BBC4-F6BA0F94F3F7.jpeg

0C5E9FA2-BB21-4EF2-8947-DC4AA5E18C33.jpeg

D09ACA71-315A-41CB-BCAD-F4C35A378837.jpeg

Edited by SarahJeanneSays

i did this with a bottle of bubbly for the wife before our last cruise. first thing, we enter the room and nothing is there. second, after i call and ask where my champs is, they send someone with a warm bottle. no ice bucket! carnival trolled me good, i won't be buying a bottle pre-cruise again.