Carnival Vista or Horizon ship?

beshears

We are in the "thinking" mode (8 of us), but it looks like we have narrowed it down to either the Carnival Vista 7 days, or the Carnival Horizon 6 day ship.

If you have been on either of these ships within the past year, would you give me YOUR pros and cons of the ship?  Also, one day difference, more or less, did it make that much of a difference either way?

I would pick Vista based on liking the Red Frog Pub more than the Pig n Anchor. Plus I like the beer they brew on Vista better than the beer they brew on Horizon, but that is subjective.  Seven days is also better than six days. 

Despite my preference for Vista over Horizon, I would never sail out of Galveston because you can’t get Cheers on day one of the cruise. 

13 hours ago, beshears said:

We are in the "thinking" mode (8 of us), but it looks like we have narrowed it down to either the Carnival Vista 7 days, or the Carnival Horizon 6 day ship.

If you have been on either of these ships within the past year, would you give me YOUR pros and cons of the ship?  Also, one day difference, more or less, did it make that much of a difference either way?

Pros, Carnival Horizon, has an advanced elevator system that is arguably better than the Carnival Vistas. Also, Carnival Horizon is a sleek looking cruise ship, and I love it! The interior is not gaudy whatsoever, a beautiful modern touch! The Lanai Promenade is perfect for sail away when you neither have a balcony nor want to be stuck with the crowds on Lido. Cons, the ship feels always crowded, unlike Harmony of the Seas which is designed to accompany more passengers. Also, as many others have stated, Punchliner Comedy Club is small. However, I would go on the Horizon again in a heartbeat!

I would take the longer of the two. We were on the Horizon 8 day at the end of March and loved it.  Although it's subjective, we thought the food in the MDR was very good,  tried different meals every night and it never disappointed us.  Punchliner was great, it is small but we always got a seat and we would show up 5-10 minutes early. Nothing stood out as bad to us, but every cruise we go on we say it's the best :)