Checking in

Werangels

I know this probably sounds like a really stupid question but what documents will we need to check-in at the pier please?  I have checked-in online and seem to have lots of paper and I just need to clarify which bits we need please. I do have the app on my mobile also.

Thanks for your help.

So long as you have completed all the check-in questions, then I’m pretty sure you just need your boarding pass - either printed or digitally on your phone.

I’m slightly hesitant as July will be the first time I’ve checked in at the pier since the new Boarding Passes were introduced. Previously you just needed the Xpress Pass, but as I understand it the new Boarding Pass supersedes the old Xpress Pass. Hopefully someone who’s used the new system will confirm this (or say what else you need, if I’ve got it wrong).

I also always have with me (but not needed at the pier) a printed copy of my Azamara Excursion receipts and my invoice that shows how much OBC I have, plus receipts for any Experience More packages I’ve bought etc.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

That’s interesting - did you print off the Xpress Pass a while ago? It’s certainly no longer an option for my 1 July cruise.

No I haven’t.  I found a ‘Guest Ticket Booklet’ to print out last night which mentioned Xpress Pass which prompted me to check which documents are required.

15 minutes ago, Azamarajunkie said:

We checked into the Pursuit last week using the new boarding passes, it was a very easy operation having already uploaded photos and credit card details, they took the boarding passes and swiped our passports. All very simple.

Phew!  That is exactly what I was hoping.  Thank you.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Azamarajunkie said:

We checked into the Pursuit last week using the new boarding passes, it was a very easy operation having already uploaded photos and credit card details, they took the boarding passes and swiped our passports. All very simple.

Interesting that last month we didn’t have to fill in a medical questionnaire before boarding.

Can’t remember if it had disappeared before then.

23 minutes ago, Werangels said:

No I haven’t.  I found a ‘Guest Ticket Booklet’ to print out last night which mentioned Xpress Pass which prompted me to check which documents are required.

Yes, I noticed that too. I emailed them about it, but it obviously hasn’t been changed yet.

That reminds me, I will put a note about it in Tips for Azamara Newbies and amend the spreadsheet!

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising
  • Like 1

Just now, nordski said:

Interesting that last month we didn’t have to fill in a medical questionnaire before boarding.

I didn't either.  It was just verbal.  Interestingly when I checked in in Athens last month it was the first time they'd seen the new boarding pass and it caused a bit of confusion to start, but was soon cleared up. It's dead easy. More info carries through to the boarding pass than the old XPress pass.

Phil 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, nordski said:

We were just asked the question by the check in agent - much smoother process, saved scrabbling to find pen and fill in a rather pointless piece of paper.  

If you have uploaded your picture during the check in process, the new Xpass can see that and as a result you do not need to have another photo done on boarding, it gets transferred over to your record when you check in.

7 minutes ago, uktog said:

We were just asked the question by the check in agent - much smoother process, saved scrabbling to find pen and fill in a rather pointless piece of paper.  

If you have uploaded your picture during the check in process, the new Xpass can see that and as a result you do not need to have another photo done on boarding, it gets transferred over to your record when you check in.

We weren’t asked the question.

Either we looked quite healthy or quite mendacious 😄.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On Quest next month.  I signed in using my booking number and got the old Xpress pass.  When I signed into my account a few weeks later to use some of my OBC  I found the boarding pass mentioned on this board  which I will use. Have already uploaded a photo so hopefully all will go smoothly on boarding.

1 hour ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

That’s interesting - did you print off the Xpress Pass a while ago? It’s certainly no longer an option for my 1 July cruise.

Strangely enough, when I did the Check-in for that same cruise two days ago, I only got the old version of X-press pass to print out. No photo opportunity in sight!

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I didn't either.  It was just verbal.  Interestingly when I checked in in Athens last month it was the first time they'd seen the new boarding pass and it caused a bit of confusion to start, but was soon cleared up. It's dead easy. More info carries through to the boarding pass than the old XPress pass.

Phil 

Medical questionnaire?  Verbal questions?  What are you asked please?

10 minutes ago, uktog said:

I must admit, I don't bother with pre loading a photo. I figure I have a better smile when I'm about to board.😊. It's all very easy. Just don't leave your passport behind!

Phil 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

You just need to confirm you haven't had any norovirus like symptoms before getting on the ship. Used to be on a sheet. On my cruise at least you just told them rather than signing a declaration. 

Phil 

Thank you.  That’s a relief, medical history might take a while 😉 !

43 minutes ago, grayjay said:

Strangely enough, when I did the Check-in for that same cruise two days ago, I only got the old version of X-press pass to print out. No photo opportunity in sight!

That’s very strange. How did you do the Check-in - was it through Sign In at the top of the web-page, through My Account login or through Online Check In from the bottom menu?

When I go into My Account I get a page showing my upcoming voyages, and for the 1 July cruise it shows on the right hand side towards the bottom -

Update check-in/View Boarding Pass

View more details  (which is a link to my to E-docs)

Plan My Voyage

The Boarding Pass section allowed me to upload photos of us.

5 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

So long as you have completed all the check-in questions, then I’m pretty sure you just need your boarding pass - either printed or digitally on your phone.

I had no problems with the checkin section and printed out my passes.  However I’d prefer to have a digital copy.  Do I just get a screen capture or is there another way to put it in my Apple wallet like plane boarding passes?

14 minutes ago, SoBaycruiser said:

I had no problems with the checkin section and printed out my passes.  However I’d prefer to have a digital copy.  Do I just get a screen capture or is there another way to put it in my Apple wallet like plane boarding passes?

I couldn’t find a way to do that. If you’re going on the Pursuit,  then I think you may be able to use the Boarding Pass digitally through the app. At the moment the app only works for Pursuit cruises, but it is intended that it will eventually be used on all three ships. I think.

19 minutes ago, SoBaycruiser said:

I printed it then scanned it