How Accommodating are the Restaurants?

Guindalf

We're booked on the July 11th sailing on the Insignia along with my SiL and another couple - first O cruise for all six of us. However, they booked their restaurant allocation last week and, when they tried to add us, the system said it wasn't possible. So, I tried to book them today and, of course, the times are not available! I made two bookings as allowed to make sure we at least had something.

My question is, how accommodating are they on board? Is there any chance that if we speak to someone as soon as we embark, we could get to eat together?

3 minutes ago, Guindalf said:

We're booked on the July 11th sailing on the Insignia along with my SiL and another couple - first O cruise for all six of us. However, they booked their restaurant allocation last week and, when they tried to add us, the system said it wasn't possible. So, I tried to book them today and, of course, the times are not available! I made two bookings as allowed to make sure we at least had something.

My question is, how accommodating are they on board? Is there any chance that if we speak to someone as soon as we embark, we could get to eat together?

They try, but if you look at the deckplans, there are precious few larger tables

211105.jpg

Be prepared to be VERY flexible.  

48 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

They try, but if you look at the deckplans, there are precious few larger tables

211105.jpg

Be prepared to be VERY flexible.  

Oh we are. We know we can eat together in the MDR, so it's not critical. We weren't able to book anything earlier than 9 PM for either restaurant and we're on vacation, so nothing will be allowed to bother us! 😉

thanks for the other replies too.

20 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

why not call O now & see if they can  put you all together

Have  the booking numbers of all parties

Or better yet have your TA do it for you. He/she may carry more clout.

2 hours ago, Guindalf said:

It's possible but it can be difficult as there is limited seating at the specialty resturants....You will always be ableb to eat together in the Grand Dining room or the terrace cafe

We found on the Sirena that they were able to push some tables together along the wall where they have benches.  That said, we all had reservations - just 2 tables of 4.  You might try doing smaller tables at the same time and then see if they can rearrange.  

2 hours ago, aquidneck1 said:

We found on the Sirena that they were able to push some tables together along the wall where they have benches.  That said, we all had reservations - just 2 tables of 4.  You might try doing smaller tables at the same time and then see if they can rearrange.  

No other bookings are available for the same time. 

18 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

If we are three people with two cabins on different reservations how do we book our dining reservations together when dining reservations open? 

When you book online, you get the option to add another party to your booking. 

16 hours ago, pinotlover said:

The person doing the dining reservations must have the booking number of the other parties so to book a table together .

Thank you. Now I know what I will need when I make the reservations. I will get their booking number from them.