Celebrity Edge Perk for 3rd and 4th Guest?

Hello,

We are cruising on Edge later this year. When I booked over 18 months ago, Celebrity had a promotion where you picked a free perk. I picked a classic drinks package. I was under the impression that the adults in the room were allocated a classic drinks package and the 3rd and 4th guests, being underage, were allocated a classic non-alcoholic package. I was very sure I read this fine print somewhere! I wouldn't have just assumed this.

I have just finished speaking to Celebrity about another matter and they happened to inform me that the children actually have no drinks package included and the free perk was allocated to the 1st and 2nd guest only. We are not in a suite.

Has anyone had any experience with this? 

Could anyone possibly direct me to any official Celebrity T&C that may clarify this?

I know that there are a lot of knowledgeable people here and someone will be able to clarify.

Thank you in advance

In our experience usually only for guests one and two...I suggest you look back at your original invoice just in case there was a special promotion re children at the time.

RS, PH and other high end suites the perks (drinks packages, free speciality dining) guests 3/4 do receive.

This could be where the confusion has come from.

I sincerely hope someone comes back and tells me I am wrong! At least your classic package should numb the pain of having to pay for drinks for the kids....

Hope you have a fantastic cruise.

I believe ALL Celebrity's booking perks are (and always have been) only for 1st and 2nd guest in a stateroom, be it gratuities, wifi, beverage packages or OBC. Sometimes, they concurrently run a "50% off 3rd/4th person" promotion, but the perks are still only for the first two guests in the stateroom.

On their current promotion "Sail Your Way", the terms clearly mention that the perks are for 1st and 2nd guest only. https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-deals/special-offer (scroll to the bottom): "Perks Included Offers: Each of the first two guests in a qualifying inside, ocean view, veranda, Concierge Class, or AquaClass stateroom are eligible to receive two amenities with the choice of a “Two Perks Included” rate: Classic Beverage Package, Unlimited Internet Package, $150 per person onboard credit (“OBC”), or Prepaid Gratuities".

It appears to also apply for suites: "Each of the first two guests in a qualifying suite booking are eligible to receive four complimentary amenities: Premium Beverage Package, Unlimited Internet Package, $150 per person onboard credit (“OBC”), and Prepaid Gratuities."

Edited by mikkelhansen

My family of 4 have stayed in a single quad cabin on many Celebrity cruises.  Each time, any perks were good for 1st/2nd only. 

Although this has stopped a year or so ago, there were sailings we have booked with promotions that gave the 3rd/4th passenger a classic non-alcoholic drink package and 40 minutes of free internet.    This promotion has been replaced by a 50% off 3rd/4th offer.

From time to time there have been promo’s where the 3rd & 4th guests receive the non-alcohol package & 40 min free internet as mahdnc indicated.  These have been limited time offers and not a  regular offer.  Normally perks are only for the 1st & 2nd guests.

12 hours ago, jelayne said:

From time to time there have been promo’s where the 3rd & 4th guests receive the non-alcohol package & 40 min free internet as mahdnc indicated.  These have been limited time offers and not a  regular offer.  Normally perks are only for the 1st & 2nd guests.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/17055640_CEL_Generic_BBB_Edge_Flyer.pdf

Edited by Atpx

2 hours ago, Atpx said:

The "Go Bigger Better Best" promotion stopped in April, the current pricing/perk structure from Celebrity is called "Sail Your Way": http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/SailYourWay_Offer_Flyer_GenericPricingStrategy.pdf

As I mentioned in my previous post, unless any special promotion would run for a limited time, ALL perks are only for 1st and 2nd person in the stateroom, including suites.

1 hour ago, mikkelhansen said:

As I mentioned in my previous post, unless any special promotion would run for a limited time, ALL perks are only for 1st and 2nd person in the stateroom, including suites.

But not the top suites (RS, PH) where the premium package, unlimited speciality dining and internet does apply to guests 3/4.

4 hours ago, chemmo said:

But not the top suites (RS, PH) where the premium package, unlimited speciality dining and internet does apply to guests 3/4.

That's because those benefits are attached to the suites.  They are not part of the perks program.  Many people (including many travel agents) don't get this distinction.