classic beverage package

In case you are not aware, if you have the classic package and you buy a drink that costs more than the limit, you only pay the difference (plus gratuity)....so if you order a $10 drink and the limit is $9, you only pay an additional $1 +$.20 tip.  If you are considering an upgrade, I suggest you wait until you are on the ship and see what the drinks you like cost and then see if it's worth paying an extra $10/$12 a day. You can buy the upgrade from any bartender/waiter at any time but it's for the rest of the cruise...not by the day....and there's a minimum of 3 days...so you can't buy at the end of the cruise.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ourfamilylovescruising said:

if we pick the classic beverage package as a perk can we upgrade to the premium package and if so how much does that cost per day?

I drink mostly mixed drinks and I am not sure if they would be less then 8.00 a drink? so just planning ahead 

Thank you for your help

The cost ceiling for the Classic is $9 per drink, not $8. This should include most mixed drinks of interest with the standard bar spirits - if you exclude those at the Martini Bar. And the upgrade charge for one $15 specialty martinis per day would only be  ($15-$9)x1.2 = $7.20 which is less than the $12 per day for the upgrade to Premium.

Now whether or not you can hold it to only one Martini ...

• Like 1

Any idea what the standard gin and vodka are? I can deal with most any gin in my G&Ts by just adding another lime.  DH drinks very dirty martinis but we learned on Norwegian that if he asked for a vodka on the rocks with some olive juice that it cost $7 but if it was shaken and served in a martini glass the same drink was $15😮

Hopefully the rail liquor isn't so rotgut that we will be "forced" 😉 to upgrade!

With the premium package upgrade, you can also get the fancier water(San Pelligrino and Evian), specialty coffee drinks, smoothies from the Aqua Spa Cafe, and freshly squeezed juices.  If these are also things you'd order on a fairly regular basis every day you sail(along with your cocktails), maybe the upgrade is worth it.  Otherwise, the advice already offered is smart: Wait until you're onboard, take your classic package for a spin for a day, then make your decision to either keep your classic and pay the difference or upgrade.

Edited by cocobakerchica
Added "also" to my reply

3 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Any idea what the standard gin and vodka are? I can deal with most any gin in my G&Ts by just adding another lime.  DH drinks very dirty martinis but we learned on Norwegian that if he asked for a vodka on the rocks with some olive juice that it cost $7 but if it was shaken and served in a martini glass the same drink was $15😮

Hopefully the rail liquor isn't so rotgut that we will be "forced" 😉 to upgrade!

Here is a link to the Classic Beverage Package description:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/modal/classic-beverage-package-modal

It's interesting that this description mentions the Standard Beverage Package, but the Standard is no longer offered on their website! As usual, IT inconsistencies are still the "standard."

3 hours ago, newts.travel said:

A dirty martini is not worthy of a premium beverage package! Premium beverage packages are for people that enjoy a premium single malt whiskey.  

The Premium Beverage Package has single malt but not "premium" single malt 😢

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JennVT said:

When the CBP references "premium coffees" what does that mean? Lattes and the like? Better brewed coffees from where?

Thanks!

The premium coffees refer to the specialty hot coffee drinks available at Cafe al Bacio that contain a couple different brands of alcohol that are under the premium beverage package An example of one would be the Aspen Coffee, which is coffee with Bailey's Irish Cream, Frangelico, and Kahluá liqueurs.  Lattes, espressos, etc are available under the classic package.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cocobakerchica said:

The premium coffees refer to the specialty hot coffee drinks available at Cafe al Bacio that contain a couple different brands of alcohol that are under the premium beverage package An example of one would be the Aspen Coffee, which is coffee with Bailey's Irish Cream, Frangelico, and Kahluá liqueurs.  Lattes, espressos, etc are available under the classic package.

They also mention premium coffee under the non-alcoholic portion of the CBP list...so other Cafe Al Bacio coffees like lattes etc as well? At least I hope that's what they mean. 

• Like 1

Yes, espresso, cappuccino, cafe mocha, lattes, cafe Americano, the non alcohol based coffee drinks at al Bacio are covered under the classic beverage package.  I'm not sure, but I believe the Affogato(espresso shot poured over a scoop of gelato)is a premium beverage package drink. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, cocobakerchica said:

Yes, espresso, cappuccino, cafe mocha, lattes, cafe Americano, the non alcohol based coffee drinks at al Bacio are covered under the classic beverage package.  I'm not sure, but I believe the Affogato(espresso shot poured over a scoop of gelato)is a premium beverage package drink. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Wonderful! Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cocobakerchica said:

The CBP also covers a cappuccino at dinner in the MDR, Blu, Luminae or a specialty restaurant - not sure about when you are having dinner in the Oceanview Cafe.

I was speaking specifically about Cafe al Bacio and what constitutes premium specialty coffee drinks, but yes cappuccinos, lattes, espressos, macchiatos etc. at the restaurants that serve them are also covered under the classic package.  Apologies for not specifying this.