Rotterdam pools and sea days

kjbacon

We would be new to HA and are considering an itinerary for next year that has many sea days. Is there a 2nd pool on the very top deck and if so, is it open to all guests? What activities or entertainment are available on the Rotterdam to keep busy on multiple sea days? Thank you!

Several websites that I looked at did show a pool on the Sky Deck but after looking around more, I’m gathering that it is some kind of teen deck with a wading pool? And the Retreat area is a second pool aft of the main pool? 

15 hours ago, dfish said:

The Retreat area aft of the Lido and main pool is more of a wading pool than anything else.  The only real pool on the Rotterdam is the main pool on the Lido deck.  

Do you know what hours the Lido pool is open on the Rotterdam?  I really like to lap swim first things before breakfast and before all the poll "standers" get out there.

There is very little entertainment available on the Rotterdam during the day or evening.

The Crow's Nest has been turned into a multi-functional space. There no longer is any music in the lounge.

HAL, unfortunately, has done away with the production shows.

On the Rotterdam, the Lincoln Center offerings (classical music)  is a duet. While good, a duet can only do so much in the way of the arrangements played.

While my husband and I like HAL, our last cruise on the Rotterdam left us watching movies, lots of movies, in our cabin for entertainment during the day and at night.

And for anyone thinking they will be swimming laps in the Rotterdam pool, it may be possible if you are one foot tall.  Otherwise, a few strokes and a lap is completed. 

23 hours ago, Homosassa said:

There is very little entertainment available on the Rotterdam during the day or evening.

The Crow's Nest has been turned into a multi-functional space. There no longer is any music in the lounge.

On the Rotterdam, the Lincoln Center offerings (classical music)  is a duet. While good, a duet can only do so much in the way of the arrangements played.

While my husband and I like HAL, our last cruise on the Rotterdam left us watching movies, lots of movies, in our cabin for entertainment during the day and at night.

And for anyone thinking they will be swimming laps in the Rotterdam pool, it may be possible if you are one foot tall.  Otherwise, a few strokes and a lap is completed. 

DW & I are also fans of HAL. Our last cruise was on the Koningsdam, where we also noted the absence of production shows. We enjoyed the quintet (four strings and a grand piano) at the Lincoln Center Stage immensely.

We're scheduled on the Rotterdam in September for a 2-week Baltic cruise that formerly was plied by the Prinsendam (R.I.P.). Is it a mistaken impression I have that the Rotterdam has been anointed as HAL's flagship? From this thread I gather that she doesn't live up to the top billing.

On 6/24/2019 at 5:51 AM, Homosassa said:

Not true on the smaller ships. There were production shows...4 of them, on our 14 day Amsterdam cruise this month. As they were all Rock and Roll oriented...even the Country one, we enjoyed them.

On 6/24/2019 at 8:51 AM, Homosassa said:

Last summer they had a DJ and dancing in the Crow's Nest.  We enjoyed watching the couples dancing.  There was one couple that was exceptionally good.