Early Booking Bonus Through June 30 - Question

snoopygrl

I have read the fine print and want to make sure I am reading correctly. The Signature Drink Package that is included in the bonus is for the duration of the cruise. Therefore if I am going on a 14 day cruise we get the package for 14 days per person? I don't think I can drink 15 alcoholic drinks a day but I like the option of the coffees, espresso, etc. 

Also is Pinnacle $35 per person for dinner, correct?

From the HAL site:

Book your 2020-2021 cruise now and receive our best offer of the season, valued at up to US$1200, including: free Signature Beverage Package; free dinner at the Pinnacle Grill; free or reduced fares for kids; 50% reduced deposit. Plus, book a suite and receive $200 onboard spending money!

Thank you! 

Be aware you can book with or without the promotion.  Often, I find it in my best interest to forgo the promotion.  For example, I don't find the drink package to be worth that much.  We rarely spend more then $50 per day for the two of us for beverages.  Here's an excellent website that provides the beverage prices.  You can do the math.

https://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/hal-beverage-menus

We booked a 29 day cruise on the Rotterdam on Oct 3, 2020, Rotterdam to Ft. Lauderdale while we were onboard the Eurodam in March 2019.   I have been checking the fares for this cruise for many months, before the EBB promotion started.  When we booked with the FCC onboard, we were told that the fare was still the same, but we also would receive the Signature Beverage Package for the full 29 days and a Pinnacle Grill dinner.  That SBP for 2 people for a 29 day cruise would be $3000 including the 15% service charge if we were to buy it.   I can't imagine that when the EBB promotion drops on June 30, that my cruise fare will drop by $1500 per person.   That price drop would reduce my cruise fare down to $100 per day for a Lanai cabin.  Never happen.   Unlike Explore-4, where the cruise fare usually goes up by the exact amount of the SBP, for some strange reason, my fare has not changed.   I will be watching on July 1 when the EBB drops off, and see what my cruise fare will be.

I called my PCC when I had to change my Cuba cruise to another that included the Early Booking Bonus. Asked about pp fare w/o the promotion and was told it was just $100pp less with a refundable fare. Easy decision to just book with EBB and monitor the fare for other promotions. 

We booked with the Early Booking Bonus and, while the reservation paper says "Signature Beverage Package" our TA told us it was a $50 Beverage card.  

Is the "Signature Beverage Package different than a $50 Beverage card?

9 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

We booked with the Early Booking Bonus and, while the reservation paper says "Signature Beverage Package" our TA told us it was a $50 Beverage card.  

Is the "Signature Beverage Package different than a $50 Beverage card?

Your TA is wrong, you get the Signature Beverage Package, which means you get 15 alcoholic beverages per day per person along with specialty coffees, water, soda.......

I also believe if you book without this promotion you book with a non-refundable deposit, please read and/or ask your TA for clarification before you book so you know exactly what your getting.

2 minutes ago, doone said:

Your TA is wrong, you get the Signature Beverage Package, which means you get 15 alcoholic beverages per day per person along with specialty coffees, water, soda.......

I also believe if you book without this promotion you book with a non-refundable deposit, please read and/or ask your TA for clarification before you book so you know exactly what your getting.

Well, we've already booked.  Actually we booked a Cuba cruise while onboard our last cruise.  But, when the Cuba itinerary became something we're not really interested in, we switched to a different cruise.  The deposit was only $100 each (onboard booking deposit transferred from original booking).  

But, one of the perks we had on the original cruise was pre-paid gratuities.  And that's not an option on the new cruise (according to HAL).  I'd trade the SBP for the pre-paid grats in a heartbeat, as we don't drink all that much.