Wine/liqueur/soda for tour when cruise first

dianedebuda

Can you bring spirits/soda aboard that is packaged & labelled for tour only?  That is, separate from the 2 bottle wine limit for the cruise portion?  I would expect that, if allowed, it'd be stored somewhere other than the cabin and returned the last night of the cruise like duty-free purchases (if I understand those correctly).

1 hour ago, dianedebuda said:

Can you bring spirits/soda aboard that is packaged & labelled for tour only?  That is, separate from the 2 bottle wine limit for the cruise portion?  I would expect that, if allowed, it'd be stored somewhere other than the cabin and returned the last night of the cruise like duty-free purchases (if I understand those correctly).

Other than wine you are not allowed to bring on alcoholic beverages. At ports of call you may purchase bottles of alcoholic beverage. Believe you can also bring on bottles from your pre-cruise land tour. These bottles are collected and delivered to your cabin on the last evening of the cruise.

The wine limit is actually 1 x 750ml bottle per adult passenger without charge for use in your cabin. If there are 4 adults in a cabin then each can bring on a bottle of wine. If you bring one of the "free" bottles to a public area, such as a DR, you will be charged the $15 corkage. Additional bottles can be brought on board and are subject to the $15/bottle corkage. These bottles are marked and can be used anywhere on the ship. You can bring on as much soda and other non-alcoholic beverage as you want. No limits.

Edited by skynight

1 hour ago, dianedebuda said:

Based on their alcohol policy FAQs anything brought onboard that’s not wine during embarkation will be seized & discarded.

Alcohol from ports will be held until the last night of the cruise.

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/experience.jsp

tour "after" cruise .. interesting question as you are fully aware of not taking it to your cabin during the cruise itself

just need Princess to act as a holding agent for you during cruise ... is this a Princess cruisetour ?

Yes, I'd read the FAQ, but that seemed to just address cruises.  Was just wondering if there was a separate provision for tours after the cruise somewhere since it seemed like one could buy stuff at the ports or at the duty-free site and have it held.  Doesn't make sense for corkage fee for wine not to be consumed on-board anywhere. Probably too complex to deal with at embarkation.  Just curious; no big deal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dianedebuda said:

Yes, it is a Princess cruisetour.

Is this for Alaska? If so you are likely going to the Denali lodge. There are maybe 3 stores across the street that sell liquor. We were just there in May and bought our land liquor there. We actually toured before the cruise but didn't want to hassle with taking liquor in our luggage for the flight. Yes, liquor is (way...) more expensive in Alaska. No big deal.

In your case I'd just buy it onboard - assuming they have what you want. If not then buy it in Alaska. (Of course you didn't actually say anything about Alaska so I may be all wet. Not an unusual situation...)

Edited by Thrak

As half the question was about /soda, yes you may bring specially packaged /soda.  As for spirits, I’m with Thrak. Of course, if you are referring to spirits in the metaphysical sense, then packaging would not be necessary.  

Enjoy all your cruising. 

4 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Based on their alcohol policy FAQs anything brought onboard that’s not wine during embarkation will be seized & discarded.

Alcohol from ports will be held until the last night of the cruise.

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/experience.jsp

My experience has been different. Flew to Vancouver for Alaska cruise. While in Vancouver i bought a bottle of cuban rum for a friend.  It was taken away at embarcation and returned on the last night of the cruise. Friend was happy.

49 minutes ago, joeyancho said:

My experience has been different. Flew to Vancouver for Alaska cruise. While in Vancouver i bought a bottle of cuban rum for a friend.  It was taken away at embarcation and returned on the last night of the cruise. Friend was happy.

Company policies are not always applied by employees & glad that you were able to have it stored until the end of the cruise.  Who knows why it’s allowed from ports but not during embarkation.

Based on their stated policy I think you were lucky to not have it discarded & I wouldn’t risk losing it when their rules are followed.

Edited by Astro Flyer

13 hours ago, Thrak said:

Is this for Alaska? If so you are likely going to the Denali lodge.

Yes, but we'll be going to the south Denali lodge (McKinley near Talkeetna) first.  Actually don't drink much, so not a major issue.  And it's mostly just DeKuyper liqueurs like Anisette, Almond or Banana.  Would really have to be bored/cold to go through a whole bottle for the tour part.  Not a wine connoisseur either.  Not worth making a special shopping trip when at the lodge.  Think we will be able to survive without 'em.  🤣  But it's an interesting jaunt into the maze of Princess policies.