Item left on ship

Wolfsrule

Sorry for the frequent posts..I guess I’m just trying to see if there is hope here.

I realized at the airport Saturday after disembarking that I left my build-A-bear in my cabin. It’s not a high dollar item or anything but it’s very special to me because I got it while recovering from a broken ankle. I sent out a lost and found report immediately from the airport and haven’t heard a thing so today I called customer service and they said they haven’t found anything yet but it could take up to 2-4 sailings to get back to headquarters. I have also contacted them via Twitter, trying to exhaust all avenues.

it frustrating because it never left my stateroom and I’m pretty sure it was under the bed (I last saw it Thursday night). Is there any hope of actually getting it back?

Edited by Wolfsrule

Several years ago, my daughter left her iPad in the cabin.  We were given the same information that you were given.  Many weeks passed by and we assumed the iPad was rolled up with the linens and likely washed.  Just as we were about to give up home, we received a call from Carnival that they had the iPad and were shipping it back to us.  We received the iPad and after charging the battery, it worked just fine.  Hang in there, I'm sure you'll get the item back if it is recovered!

• Like 1

My parents recently lost their car keys on the Breeze in April.  I filled out the form online.  About a month later I got an email saying they found them.  Cost me $8 to have them mailed to my house but they got them back.

We inadvertently left a small insulated bag in one of the departure lounges on the Vista (years ago) at disembarkation. Didn't find out until we arrived home, DH though I packed in another bag and I thought he was carrying it. So once the opps was discovered we made a call not only to Carnival but to the port authority (in case another passenger found it and turned it in at the terminal). Well about 4 months later we receive a call from our PVP, apparently Carnival guest relations had tried call us for about a month to but our call blocker bounce them as an unknown caller (have since add their number to the allowed list) to inform us the bag was found. The PVP connected us with GR and once we confirmed the bag description and contents we gave them credit card info to send the piece back by overnight delivery. We were very happy to find out that the gag gifts we purchased at the Belgium Chocolate store in Phillipsburg, for my cancer care team, were not only all there but intact.

19 hours ago, Wolfsrule said:

Got an update today via text that my item has still not been found but they give it 30 days. I’m not sure how it hasn’t been found when I 100% know I never took it from the room. I’ll keep hoping!

Good luck.  Hope it turns up eventually.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I left my ipod and headphones on a cruise.  After several weeks, they were found.   It cost $30 to have it shipped back to me. I think the packaging for a bear may be higher than that. I would check to see the shipping cost before deciding whether or not you really want your bear.

DH left a pair of glasses in our cabin and he contacted Carnival's Lost and Found Department as soon as we got home. The glasses were found and mailed to us within a very short amount of time. We didn't have to pay anything for them to be returned. DH was very satisfied with the service.

• Like 1

I lost my drivers license on the last day of my cruise in 2017, I didn;t realize until we were off the ship. It took over a month, but it was returned, I kept getting emails that they were still searching! Hopefully you'll get it back!!

I just posted about Carnival finding and sending back to me some purchased photos I had inadvertently thrown away in our cabin before we disembarked. I didn’t realize I didn’t have them until I was home, and at that point thought I may have thrown them, but couldn’t be sure I didn’t lose them in the airport. I had the USB, so I never reported the loss to Carnival. This week a package came from Carnival- they found and returned my images! We haven’t even been off the ship for two weeks. I am very impressed! 

• Like 2