Current laundry prices

bitob

We are trying to figure out if the laundry package is worth it to us.

The most recent price list I could find is from 2014

Does anyone have a current price list?

Also, an old post said that the staff will use cold water and hand dry if requested.  Can anyone confirm if that is still the case?

We have cruised twice on the Paul Gauguin, once at the beginning and again at the end of 2017. I don't remember any mention of washing in cold water and hand (or hang) drying. I don't usually send my clothes to be laundered since I don't want a hot water wash and a hot dryer.

On our Paul Gauguin cruises, we didn't need to dress up, and since it was always warm, we didn't need to have any heavy clothing. We didn't sign up for the laundry package. I think we may have sent out a few pairs of shorts and polo shirts for my husband, and while they were expensive per item, it was much cheaper than buying the laundry package.

We are on the 12 Nt Fiji / Cook Islands cruise, Sept 21.  We have booked the laundry package for this cruise and this is what is listed on our Trip Itinerary:

2019 Laundry Pkg 12nt Dbl $219.00

We are doing a pre and post cruise - about 3 weeks in all for the trip, so I felt that a laundry package was essential.

It's worth it only if I think I will spend $249 in 2 weeks as opposed to 80 or 100

I hand wash a lot of what I bring

Just trying to do the math

I'd love to see a current per piece price list if anyone has it

I just called PG

They do not have a per piece price list (rep could not even give me an idea of cost except to say similar to prices at home -- NY or IOWA?) and told me the only place I could see prices is on board.  Of course you have to buy the laundry package before you board.  You can guess how I feel about that Catch 22.

We were on the PG in 2010 and I have no recollection of costs for laundry(which have certainly gone up) but I do not recall buying a package of any kind. Perhaps they were not offered at that time.

Seven night cruise is $129, 10 night is $189,  11 night is $199 and a 14 night is $249. In my opinion, the best value in all of French Polynesia for anything. They pick up at 6pm each night and return by 2-3pm the next day. If memory is correct, if you just wanted to do individual items the prices were in the range of $2-3 for a pair of socks to $5 for a pair of slacks, maybe $6-$8 for a dress. That is washing, per your instructions, ironing, and returned on a hanger or folded. Dry cleaning was extra. The service is outstanding, the man who runs the laundry service has been with PG for over a decade, and takes tremendous pride in his work, and his product.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, FlightMedic555 said:

Although they want you to buy the package before you board we were able to purchase it when we boarded last time.

That would be ideal, although the prices MrRandal quoted make me think that at those prices I will never spend 249 for laundry in a 2 week period.

I would agree that it may be tough to spend more paying per piece.  We are traveling for 7 nights prior and we take the laundry package so that we can minimize what we pack, have clean clothes when we come home, and we have a decent amount of OBC that we would otherwise be challenged to use as we tend to arrange for shore excursions privately.

It works out to about $20 per day per cabin. Typically, we would send 2 pair of socks, 2 sets of underwear, 2 pair of shorts, 2 polo or t-shirts, rash guards, bathing suits, slacks, dress shirts. Yes, we could have gotten another wearing out of some of these, but why not have them freshly laundered? We had a travel day and 2 days in Moorea pre cruise, so we boarded with dirty clothes, and when we disembarked, we did so with 2 suitcases of perfectly laundered and ironed clothes to take with us on our 4 day post cruise stay in Bora Bora and 1 travel day. For us, it was a no brainer.

• Thanks 1

On 6/28/2019 at 10:50 AM, bitob said:

That would be ideal, although the prices MrRandal quoted make me think that at those prices I will never spend 249 for laundry in a 2 week period.

You are on vacation and spent a fortune on the cruise, the laundry package is the best deal ever. Going home with all clean clothing plus not having to do anything is great. They do an amazing job. 

• 1 month later...

We took the laundry package on our last long PG cruise. Yes, it was pricey but I could put everything in my bag at night and had it back by 5:30 in the afternoon. They are extremely careful of how they wash. Be sure to count correctly or they will return everything for a recount. Also, I came home with very little washing (underwear) or ironing to do. Worth every cent!