Cruise Planner Weekend sale

gerelmx

1 minute ago, bengaltiger1 said:

The price pp on the screen is the sale price.  My B2B next January has some, but not all excursions discounted.  I have been watching the prices rise and fall for the last two months.  That way I know if it’s a genuine reduction. So far I have saved nearly £600 on the original costs.  

Are the applicable excursions on sale marked in some way or do you have to refer back to your confirmation sheet where you originally booked the excursion to see if it is any cheaper?

Just now, Ken the cruiser said:

Are the applicable excursions on sale marked in some way or do you have to refer back to your confirmation sheet where you originally booked the excursion to see if it is any cheaper?

There is no banner or anything marked.  I can only tell because the sad person I am I have a spreadsheet that I have noted prices.  If you are happy with today’s price then you can book and if the price drops contact Captains Club and ask them to apply the lower price or cancel and rebook yourself.  We have had our credit card refunded within a couple of working days.  

• Like 1

On hold very long time with Cap Club....finally getting through,...

It was worth the wait... got a $50 or so reduction...but doing it this way resulted in OBC....rather than if we cancelled and re booked on our credit card.  It was easier this way and we can use the OBC

1 hour ago, tartantiara said:

Do you have to cancel original booking then rebook to get the savings ? I am scared to cancel then be unable to rebook if there is no availability 

Going through Cap Club..the rep just gave us OBC for the difference if you can use it. We have none at this point so it worked for us.

We also did not want to go thru the cancel and re book process....esp if  limited slots might be  left.

Doing the cancel and re book on line has more  steps on the cruise planner site, and  then you have to monitor the credit card for the credit and new charges.

Edited by hcat

5 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

When I clicked on an excursion we'd already booked, it said "You booked this excursion for $[price]."  So it was easy to compare.  I also keep an electronic folder of the confirmation emails.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tartantiara said:

Do you have to cancel original booking then rebook to get the savings ? I am scared to cancel then be unable to rebook if there is no availability 

I would think that if there's no longer any availability for an excursion, they wouldn't be showing it as available for booking in your Cruise Planner.  But to be on the safe side, do it by phone.  They will tell you before they process a cancellation whether they will be able to re-book you.  I just did this yesterday.   

On 6/29/2019 at 11:42 PM, Turtles06 said:

I would think that if there's no longer any availability for an excursion, they wouldn't be showing it as available for booking in your Cruise Planner.  But to be on the safe side, do it by phone.  They will tell you before they process a cancellation whether they will be able to re-book you.  I just did this yesterday.   

Thanks for advice everyone, I just took the chance and cancelled then rebooked, no problem I only saved $15 but better in my purse than Celebrities