Cruise Planner Weekend sale

gerelmx

I went to check on the one excursion we have booked on a March 2020 cruise.  I booked it at the 10% off sale about 3 weeks ago, today it was 25% off, but the price was still about $10 more than we had previously paid.  

Just another marketing bait and switch sale.

• Like 4

Would love to partake with excursions pre planning but every time I go into my cruise planner for any of my res freezes.  Yeh celebrity site.  Doesn’t matter if it’s phone tablet laptop or desktop.  Tried home at work. Hopefully it clears sometime this weekend. Would like to get something for Costa Rica and maybe Panama 

1 hour ago, bikerunner said:

Would love to partake with excursions pre planning but every time I go into my cruise planner for any of my res freezes.  Yeh celebrity site.  Doesn’t matter if it’s phone tablet laptop or desktop.  Tried home at work. Hopefully it clears sometime this weekend. Would like to get something for Costa Rica and maybe Panama 

If you download the brochure for your cruise, you should see the ppp for excursions.  I have checked and the ppp is accurately reflected. I have tracked ppp for the last two months on my B2B, so I know if it’s a real discount. I don’t know if the link will work for you or not.  Worth a try? 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/shore-excursions

then call Celebrity? 

No discount in the bev package upgrade--it isn't even listed

And the excursions I have in my cart have had red "price adjusted" notations for weeks...One that had that adjustment is now not listed as "adjusted" so I suspect it is back to its orig price.

Can say that for the second half of out B2B in Sept--that the promoted price pp is 25% more than we paid  a couple months ago

Celebrity logarithms are so sophisticated they are the shiny object that drives traffic to the site

1 hour ago, bengaltiger1 said:

If you download the brochure for your cruise, you should see the ppp for excursions.  I have checked and the ppp is accurately reflected. I have tracked ppp for the last two months on my B2B, so I know if it’s a real discount. I don’t know if the link will work for you or not.  Worth a try? 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/shore-excursions

then call Celebrity? 

That was what I ended up doing, found the shore excursions and then called, since I was booking for multiple rooms for my small group.  Thanks for the info

17 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Can say that for the second half of out B2B in Sept--that the promoted price pp is 25% more than we paid  a couple months ago

Celebrity logarithms are so sophisticated they are the shiny object that drives traffic to the site

I have found my best bet is to always book as soon as I see an excursion I like and then watch for sales. Invariably the prices creep up $5 to $10 or even more pp, and then the “sale” price may or may not be better than what I snagged it for early on. Still, I managed to save a nice chunk this time.

I keep a spreadsheet handy of what we’ve bought in the CP and how much we paid pp. Faster to check that way than referencing emails or the order history. 

• Like 1

Normally don't book ship shore excursions, but we have for our March South America cruises since things that we want to see (like the penguin rookery) are hours away from the ship.  Re-booked and saved $111.

Thanks for the heads up!

Now if internet packages would just go on sale..............

7 hours ago, bikerunner said:

Don't wait for it to clear up. This happens EVERY time there's a Cruise Planner sale. Download the shore excursion brochure for your cruise and call Captains Club if you see something you want to book. They can also tell you if there's a sale price difference between the brochure price and the sale price. Just be advised that when you call, you'll be on hold for quite a while, since the website can't sustain the extra traffic these sales generate and savvy shoppers know the ropes and call.

On 6/27/2019 at 11:15 AM, gerelmx said:

ei.jpg.e2c143b873b52a81fac77d0dde26feba.

This sales are more frequently

Thank you very much for your post.  I had two excursions booked for us  and was able to save even more.  Every little bit helps.

• Like 1

So the only way to get the potential discounts is to call the Captains Club? So if you book them online this weekend, the sale won’t be applied when your looking at the excursion details? I just looked at our various bookings and saw no reference to any sale.  Now I will note our next X cruise isn’t until Apr 2020 if that makes a difference. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser

I don't see, nor do I expect to see a discount for our cruise next January. I saw this many times last year and looked into it and our cruise did not have a discount. Others I spoke with said the same. I believe it has to do with the historical data.

52 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

So the only way to get the potential discounts is to call the Captains Club? So if you book them online this weekend, the sale won’t be applied when your looking at the excursion details? I just looked at our various bookings and saw no reference to any sale.  Now I will note our next X cruise isn’t until Apr 2020 if that makes a difference. 

The price pp on the screen is the sale price.  My B2B next January has some, but not all excursions discounted.  I have been watching the prices rise and fall for the last two months.  That way I know if it’s a genuine reduction. So far I have saved nearly £600 on the original costs.