Fll beach hotel and taxis

WeLuv2Cruz13

A little reading on the board will find dozens of threads on hotels, including beach hotels.

You will also see the supply of taxis in Ft Lauderdale is almost infinite. There will be huge lines of taxis at the port. Just make sure they go on the meter.

Uber is also plentiful.

If you would like a beach hotel, then look at Hollywood Beach.  It's much better than Fort Lauderdale and equally close to the airport. TripAdvisor is a great resource to find the right hotel for you. 

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

A little reading on the board will find dozens of threads on hotels, including beach hotels.

You will also see the supply of taxis in Ft Lauderdale is almost infinite. There will be huge lines of taxis at the port. Just make sure they go on the meter.

Uber is also plentiful.

Not familiar with this area at all.  I went through pages of of the posts before I myself posted and see lots of recommendations for hotels but alot have to do with flying in/out or leaving from Miami.  Since we are flying into and out of FLL and going to the port there (which seems to be within miles of the airport from what I can tell) I wondered specifically if there was an area relatively close to airport and to the port that was on the beach where we can enjoy the afternoon before the cruise.  I don't want to be too far away.  When you look at the ones that offer shuttles they look like they are just close to the airport.  I'd like to be near somewhere that we could walk around and enjoy being in Florida.  Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Also when we have left from other ports they have a line of taxis that take you to the airport for a flat fee.  Wasn't sure if that was the same at this port.  Never used Uber but if it is cheaper maybe we will give it a try.

Thanks. 

Try Best Western Oceanside, 1180 Sea Breeze, FLL.  They are 100 yards from beach, hot breakfast, bar with food, Sun Trolley and regular bus outside the hotel, water taxi within walking distance, $ washer/dryer, $ bike rental.  We have walked, trolley, regular bus to restaurants across from main beach area.   No airport/port shuttle, they can arrange $ shuttle.  We took a taxi from airport to hotel around $25, port around $13, cheaper with Uber.

11 hours ago, WeLuv2Cruz13 said:

Looking for beach hotel or hotel near something to do for the day. Also are there taxis at Ft Lauderdale port to tskevyo fll? Any idea how much?

leslie

Don’t know what kind of luxury your looking for. We are staying at the Fortuna Fort Lauderdale Beach. It’s looks like a nice hotel, nothing fancy that’s about two blocks from the beach. Got a good price on bookings.com

Some common recommendations discussed here:

Check www.sunny.org, a listing of all hotels in Ft Lauderdale, with their amenities, including shuttles. Also commonly discussed here...there aren't a lot of hotels that offer free shuttles, but some offer shuttles for a fee. You will need to determine if a taxi is cheaper...sometimes it is, sometimes its not.

There are many hotels along the beach...a lot depends on your budget. And the time of year you are going.

As to flat rate taxis, that is true some places, but not Ft Lauderdale.

• Like 1

Our Airbnb was in the Marriott Beachplace Towers last month and honestly you could not have asked for a better location. We absolutely loved it. It's on The Circuit (Formerly known as The Free Ride) loop to take us places we wanted to go. Then we took an Uber to the port. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WeLuv2Cruz13 said:

Looking for beach hotel or hotel near something to do for the day. Also are there taxis at Ft Lauderdale port to tskevyo fll? Any idea how much?

leslie

7 hours ago, phabric said:

Try Best Western Oceanside, 1180 Sea Breeze, FLL.  They are 100 yards from beach, hot breakfast, bar with food, Sun Trolley and regular bus outside the hotel, water taxi within walking distance, $ washer/dryer, $ bike rental.  We have walked, trolley, regular bus to restaurants across from main beach area.   No airport/port shuttle, they can arrange $ shuttle.  We took a taxi from airport to hotel around $25, port around $13, cheaper with Uber.

This is our go-to hotel in Fort Lauderdale for all of the reasons @phabric mentions. We stayed 3 nights pre-cruise in December 2017 and are booked again for this coming November. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2019 at 10:15 AM, WeLuv2Cruz13 said:

Not familiar with this area at all.  I went through pages of of the posts before I myself posted and see lots of recommendations for hotels but alot have to do with flying in/out or leaving from Miami.  Since we are flying into and out of FLL and going to the port there (which seems to be within miles of the airport from what I can tell) I wondered specifically if there was an area relatively close to airport and to the port that was on the beach where we can enjoy the afternoon before the cruise.  I don't want to be too far away.  When you look at the ones that offer shuttles they look like they are just close to the airport.  I'd like to be near somewhere that we could walk around and enjoy being in Florida.  Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Also when we have left from other ports they have a line of taxis that take you to the airport for a flat fee.  Wasn't sure if that was the same at this port.  Never used Uber but if it is cheaper maybe we will give it a try.

Thanks. 

You should really go to Hollywood Beach.  It's much more pedestrian friendly and better to wander around.  It's pretty much right next to the port.  This area is easily the most walkable beach area in South Florida as they have a long broadwalk with tons of shops, restaurants, bars, live music, hotels/boutique hotels, plus you can cross the street and lots of dining and bars right on the intracoastal and a water taxi stop if you wanted to do that.

If you are on a budget, there is plenty of small boutique hotels on Hollywood Beach, too.  Just check TripAdvisor to find the right one for you.  If you want to go all out, the Margaritaville Resort is awesome.  You can also hang out at the Landshark Bar and the 5'O Clock Somewhere bar (on the intracoastal) without being a guest.  Watch the Flowrider, listen to music at the Bandshell, have some drinks, walk in the sand, etc.  It's a killer area.

One huge difference is that FLL has a busy street that you are walking down, Hollywood has no street and it's all walking/bicycling.  Hollywood has a much more "beach" hangout vibe.

Hollywood:  https://www.google.com/maps/@26.0187134,-80.1152837,3a,75y,192.25h,81.51t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sy7LpuGkQoJpS0xRpnvrS6g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Hollywood Intracoastal:  https://www.google.com/maps/@26.0189938,-80.1173028,3a,75y,19.07h,79.61t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipMUUk_hn81549QYcQv22v9QGyihhDCs26iadqBe!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipMUUk_hn81549QYcQv22v9QGyihhDCs26iadqBe%3Dw203-h100-k-no-pi-0-ya204.8023-ro0-fo100!7i8704!8i4352

FLL: https://www.google.com/maps/@26.1167337,-80.1046992,3a,75y,11.82h,83.31t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sLLE440AzQvP9n-Z6DuQ_PQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

FLL Beach place:  https://www.google.com/maps/@26.1221425,-80.1041768,3a,75y,326.94h,85.92t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sR_3BD7slHTMein8ZCRnWLA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Edited by BNBR

2 hours ago, WeLuv2Cruz13 said:

Since not a usual Uber user - what is the norm from FLL to a local beach hotel and then from hotel to port?  $15/20 range?  I know it depends from where but not going too far fro airport/port.

Uberestimate.com

16 hours ago, WeLuv2Cruz13 said:

Since not a usual Uber user - what is the norm from FLL to a local beach hotel and then from hotel to port?  $15/20 range?  I know it depends from where but not going too far fro airport/port.

As Bruce mentioned, you can go to https://www.uber.com/us/en/price-estimate/ and get a pretty good idea. From the Beach Place area at Ft. Lauderdale Beach to the port was $21.63 after a $5 tip. That was for an UberXL. If it's just 2 of you, it'd be cheaper. 

17 hours ago, WeLuv2Cruz13 said:

We stay at Best Western Oceanside on 1180 Sea Breeze Blvd.  A taxi from FLL airport to the hotel is $25-30 and taxi from hotel to Port Everglades is under $15.