Onboard deliveries?

Hi all! Upcoming cruise on the harmony of the seas. I ordered some room decor/gifts for someone in my party (champagne + strawberries). Will that be all set up on Day One or cruising? I set that as the delivery date and wrote to please have it set up upon boarding. Has anyone had any experience with this? Thanks!

maybe, maybe not.   these types of deliveries are handled by the cabin steward and they are  very busy  on boarding day.    Id say half of  the time  we have noticed that these requests are not in the cabin at 1 pm when they be become  available to guests.

about 3/4 of the time they are  however there before dinner  and only once  was it  delivered while we were at dinner.  

Agree with Spookwife's experience.  I've usually found that it can also depend on the kind of on-board delivery.  For example, decorations might be set up by a steward when getting the cabin ready for occupancy.  Food deliveries sometimes appear after later (the strawberries and chilled wines, for example -- so they don't sit for a long afternoon in a cabin since the passengers' boarding is unpredictable).  My orders have always shown up on the day that they were requested though -- and always a nice surprise!

My experience has always been, decorations are up when we get to the cabin at 1pm or when cabins are  ready.  Food deliveries have varied. sometimes there when cabins are ready, sometimes just on the first day.  I don't remember if they were cookies at 1pm and strawberries later or Champagne at 1pm but always on the first day.

Double surprise for hubby and girls when it's not all at once.

When we sailed on the Harmony, we had a bottle of wine and chocolates waiting for us when we got to our room.  They were ordered as a surprise by my mom's boss....he gave her the cruise for part of her retirement gift!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 90007012 said:

Thanks, all! That does make sense for decorations to go up first and then we’ll see when the strawberries arrive. Makes it a surprise for me too LOL.  Thanks again!

They should be set up when you get to your cabin but you never know.  We had birthday decorations on our cabin door and all over the cabin when we boarded and a note saying Happy Birthday Debbie!  There was a birthday beach towel, birthday pillow cases on the bed and a nice cable with clips that is for pictures.  My birthday had been the week before and my mother has surprised us with room decorations in the past, but neither my husband or I are Debbie.  Luckily, her full name was on the card and we went to guest services and told them about the error.  They did offer to let us keep the decorations but we just had them removed.  Our cabin number and Debbie's were similar and someone just messed up.  Follow up if they aren't there the first day, they could be down the hall like these were supposed to be.