Pacific Princess coming.

Thats great News Mic, but might be a bit disappointing for a few, I see its due to do the first cruise to NZ Dec 21st 2020 but looks like it is in Fort Lauderdale  Dec 19th finishing off the South America itinerary after coming back from Tahiti.

My guess it will now come straight from Tahiti??

Edited by cheznandy

Happy days!  😀 Our favourite Princess ship (along with Ocean Princess when she was still in the fleet).  We used to sail on Pacific when she was last based in Sydney and were so disappointed the she was replaced.

I realise she's not for everyone but for those who like the smaller ships she's ideal.  We were last on board in 2017 and loved it.  Can't wait for bookings to open  - then decisions, decisions. 

14 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

A lovely ship returning to where she was supposed to be .

Overdue for a full refit , let’s hope it’s done before she comes down .

That would be nice, but most likely just a freshen up.

A 13 day New Zealand cruise, 90 day South America, 21 day PNG and 24 day repositioning to Asia.

There are two 4 day cruises one way to NZ priced starting at $699.

The Xmas cruise starts at $3199, have always wanted to try Pacific Princess but not at those prices!

There is also a 16 night crossing from Tahiti, hope they have told those that are booked on the South America from Tahiti cruise that will now be cancelled!

Edited by cheznandy

21 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Fantastic, thanks cheznandy, just what I was looking for.

I just cancelled our 2020 Ruby Princess cruise, mostly because we're going to Europe instead, but also to free up the FCDs in case we want to book a Pacific Princess cruise.

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Fantastic, thanks cheznandy, just what I was looking for.

I just cancelled our 2020 Ruby Princess cruise, mostly because we're going to Europe instead, but also to free up the FCDs in case we want to book a Pacific Princess cruise.

No worries, they wont have anything on the Princess site until it is released if it is anything like last time.

We cancelled the Ruby cruise a while ago, booked Sapphire repositioning 2020 and Sun to Vanvouver 2021.

Would love to try Pacific Princess but not at over $200 a night for a tiny inside haha

1 hour ago, cheznandy said:

No worries, they wont have anything on the Princess site until it is released if it is anything like last time.

We cancelled the Ruby cruise a while ago, booked Sapphire repositioning 2020 and Sun to Vanvouver 2021.

Would love to try Pacific Princess but not at over $200 a night for a tiny inside haha

From memory when the first Majestic Aussie cruises were announced they showed on the Princess website a few days before bookings actually opened so you knew all the pricing ahead of the release date.

There is no Sanctuary on Pacific so we'd be looking at a balcony cabin probably. 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We're thinking of that one too, Gut.

The Princess email about Pacific has just landed in my inbox. 

The link Chazandy put up show some pricing. Biggest question about PNG will be do we cancel our round Australia. Unless I win lotto this week

Just now, GUT2407 said:

The link Chazandy put up show some pricing. Biggest question about PNG will be do we cancel our round Australia. Unless I win lotto this week

Yes, it shows the entry level pricing for each cabin category which is enough to decide whether it's worth it or not. I don't think the prices are too bad for a small ship experience.

We did Crystal Symphony last year which is a bit bigger than Pacific Princess but much smaller than the Sun class ships. Crystal is, of course, very expensive as it's luxury and all inclusive but it gave us the chance to experience a smaller ship and we loved that aspect.

Last item of fine print in the email from Princess says onboard currency is USD. That means add gratuities and expensive on board costs to those already high prices. LOVE that South America itinerary, but I think I need to win Tattslotto twice.

28 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, it shows the entry level pricing for each cabin category which is enough to decide whether it's worth it or not. I don't think the prices are too bad for a small ship experience.

We did Crystal Symphony last year which is a bit bigger than Pacific Princess but much smaller than the Sun class ships. Crystal is, of course, very expensive as it's luxury and all inclusive but it gave us the chance to experience a smaller ship and we loved that aspect.

If our first few cruises were on her, we loved it, but I imagine many would find a lack of activities anD options, but I don’t need entertaining 24/7.

back then buffet wasn’t open at night and the specialty restaurant were only open alternate nights.

But I’m dead keen to sail on her again