Pacific Princess coming.

2 hours ago, icat2000 said:

Considering the relocation cruise on Pacific Princess. The itinerary got a few port stops.  Just one big patch of sea days in a row. 

Date Port Arrive Depart
Sat, Apr 24 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia   04:00 pm
Sun, Apr 25 At Sea    
Mon, Apr 26 Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 07:00 am 09:00 pm
Tue, Apr 27 Mooloolaba, Australia
(Tender Required), (Wheelchair Access Limited)
07:00 am 04:00 pm
Wed, Apr 28 At Sea    
Thu, Apr 29 At Sea    
Fri, Apr 30 Alotau (Milne Bay), Papua New Guinea 08:00 am 04:00 pm
Sat, May 1 At Sea    
Sun, May 2 At Sea    
Mon, May 3 At Sea    
Tue, May 4 At Sea    
Wed, May 5 At Sea    
Thu, May 6 At Sea    
Fri, May 7 Boracay, Philippines
(Tender Required), (Wheelchair Access Limited)
07:00 am 05:00 pm
Sat, May 8 Manila, Philippines 07:00 am 05:00 pm
Sun, May 9 At Sea    
Mon, May 10 Hualien 09:00 am 08:00 pm
Tue, May 11 Taipei (Keelung) 07:00 am 08:00 pm
Wed, May 12 Ishigaki, Japan 07:00 am 06:00 pm
Thu, May 13 At Sea    
Fri, May 14 Kagoshima, Japan 07:00 am 04:00 pm
Sat, May 15 Kochi, Japan 10:00 am 08:00 pm
Sun, May 16 Osaka (for Kyoto), Japan 07:00 am 11:00 pm
Mon, May 17 At Sea    
Tue, May 18 Tokyo (Yokohama), Japan 06:30 am

I have also put a hold on this cruise. Lots of new ports and on board is AUD and tips included. Balcony cabin at $194pp per day, which I thought was a fair price for a small ship.

Tanya

2 minutes ago, stki said:

I have also put a hold on this cruise. Lots of new ports and on board is AUD and tips included. Balcony cabin at $194pp per day, which I thought was a fair price for a small ship.

Tanya

That is what I thought too. I have a cabin on hold too. We finalise it on Monday. 

Edited by icat2000

2 minutes ago, stki said:

Tanya

Hi Tanya, its a great itinerary, some different Japan ports and Phillipines too, love seeing some different stuff!!

Yes, I always try to call Princess in the morning. Some of the US people are just lovely and so helpful.

I had to do some FCD shuffling too. I'd cancelled a Ruby Princess cruise a week or so ago so had the FCD for the Pacific cruise. I also had a Regal Princess cruise booked which I needed to cancel as it was too close to the Pacific cruise. Plus I wanted to book the Sapphire Princess PNG cruise. So I put a hold on the Pacific and Sapphire cruises. Then rang Princess. Applied the available FCDs to the Pacific cruise, cancelled the Regal cruise and applied those FCDs to the Sapphire cruise. Princess made it so easy though.

10 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Hi Tanya, its a great itinerary, some different Japan ports and Phillipines too, love seeing some different stuff!!

Yes, thats what I thought too, I was looking at the PNG cruise, but is was so exspensive & is now booked out.. Showed hubby the repositioning cruise and he said book it . We love the small ship cruising too (have been on the Pacific and the Ocean). Luckily we have some FCC deposits in the kitty

Tanya

1 minute ago, stki said:

Yes, thats what I thought too, I was looking at the PNG cruise, but is was so exspensive & is now booked out.. Showed hubby the repositioning cruise and he said book it . We love the small ship cruising too (have been on the Pacific and the Ocean). Luckily we have some FCC deposits in the kitty

Tanya

I had the same thought too. I put hold on day it opened for Elites. I looked at PNG cruise yesterday but all sold out except one Suite (too expensive). Thing is the inside cabin for couple days less was virtually the same price for balcony cabin for three extra days cruising. 

Hopefully, Princess will see the strong sales from Australian market and think about having the little ship downunder more often. No need for them to offer sip and sail or discount cabins in this market. Imagine the unique places this ship could sail to out of Australia. 

41 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

I had the same thought too. I put hold on day it opened for Elites. I looked at PNG cruise yesterday but all sold out except one Suite (too expensive). Thing is the inside cabin for couple days less was virtually the same price for balcony cabin for three extra days cruising. 

Hopefully, Princess will see the strong sales from Australian market and think about having the little ship downunder more often. No need for them to offer sip and sail or discount cabins in this market. Imagine the unique places this ship could sail to out of Australia. 

If we were retired would def do this itinerary, worked out we would need 190hrs leave to have a couple of days in Tokyo after😲

One day..........😋

We did Pacific Princess in 2005, Sydney to Osaka - 'Theatres of War cruise', Rabaul, Iwo Jima (anchored with a commemorative service to those who fought and died there,) Guam, Saipan, Okinawa, Hiroshima, a great ship on an interesting voyage.

One of the things I did not like about PP though was no theatre, just the show lounge with a lot of pillars obstructing stage and level seating, no tiers, difficult to see the performers from the back rows.  But you cannot have everything.  I bet the 2nd TD dining @ 7.15pm books out quickly, who wants to eat dinner @ 5.15pm on a cruise?  No ADT, MDR is not big enough, just the two sittings.

Edited by NSWP

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I bet the 2nd TD dining @ 7.15pm books out quickly, who wants to eat dinner @ 5.15pm on a cruise?

They may adjust the dining times for our region. Even 7:15 is a bit early for us

We liked the old 7:45 time.

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They may adjust the dining times for our region. Even 7:15 is a bit early for us

We liked the old 7:45 time.

Yes, I quite like 7.15pm, but 1st sitting way, way to early.   But Americans like to eat early you know, heard that often on the Princess ships.  I reckon that is why they moved the times back to appease certain people.

Edited by NSWP

24 minutes ago, NSWP said:

One of the things I did not like about PP though was no theatre, just the show lounge with a lot of pillars obstructing stage and level seating, no tiers, difficult to see the performers from the back rows.  But you cannot have everything.  I bet the 2nd TD dining @ 7.15pm books out quickly, who wants to eat dinner @ 5.15pm on a cruise?  No ADT, MDR is not big enough, just the two sittings.

Les, it will remind me of the ol Fairstar days, we all used to sit on the floor and watch the shows, actually everyone sat on towels around the pool, lots of sitting around on the floor on that ship, and not one complaint!! I have photos of a group of us girls sitting around the dance floor in the show lounge.

Re the PP dining times, luckily I rechecked the booking, I had 5.15pm, changed that real quick.

38 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Les, it will remind me of the ol Fairstar days, we all used to sit on the floor and watch the shows, actually everyone sat on towels around the pool, lots of sitting around on the floor on that ship, and not one complaint!! I have photos of a group of us girls sitting around the dance floor in the show lounge.

Re the PP dining times, luckily I rechecked the booking, I had 5.15pm, changed that real quick.

I'm fairly certain I changed mine to 7:15pm but must check - once the cat moves himself off my lap.

1 hour ago, cheznandy said:

If we were retired would def do this itinerary, worked out we would need 190hrs leave to have a couple of days in Tokyo after😲

One day..........😋

I can take leave without pay, half pay or lsl and Pete already decided if his work won't give him leave he resign. Life to short. Can get another job. He looking to scale back in the next couple of years. My work is very flexible.  I've gone for the 7.15 pm dinning. 5.15 pm is way too early. 

Edited by icat2000

2 hours ago, stki said:

Tanya

I am tempted, but would need to see if I can swing the leave.

22 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I need to talk to the boss.

I am having trouble convincing 'she who shall be obeyed' re this cruise too.  Anyone want to share a balcony cabin ? 🤣  Certainly a nice itinerary and reasonable price for PP.   Some of the big on line cruise T/A's are already packaging it with a couple of post cruise nights in Tokyo and flight home.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I am having trouble convincing 'she who shall be obeyed' re this cruise too.  Anyone want to share a balcony cabin ? 🤣  Certainly a nice itinerary and reasonable price for PP.   Some of the big on line cruise T/A's are already packaging it with a couple of post cruise nights in Tokyo and flight home.

What are her objections to the cruise.