What happens if the person with the VIFP offer is a no show?

Tiger0613

I want to book a cruise for my mother and I using an offer linked to my mother's VIFP number.  I also want to apply the offer to two cruises that I already booked.  If my mother is a no show, will Carnival make me pay more since the offer wasn't given to me?  I know taxes and fees will be refunded.

2 hours ago, Tiger0613 said:

I want to book a cruise for my mother and I using an offer linked to my mother's VIFP number.  I also want to apply the offer to two cruises that I already booked.  If my mother is a no show, will Carnival make me pay more since the offer wasn't given to me?  I know taxes and fees will be refunded.

Well, your mother must be on the booking in order for the VIFP offer to be applied. So, if she is a no show, depending on the amount of passengers in the cabin, you wouldn't be charged. In fact, if she was a no-show, wouldn't you be at a loss of money and not Carnival?

13 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

Well, your mother must be on the booking in order for the VIFP offer to be applied. So, if she is a no show, depending on the amount of passengers in the cabin, you wouldn't be charged. In fact, if she was a no-show, wouldn't you be at a loss of money and not Carnival?

It is only me and my mother.  I always pay for everything.  I am paying for two people whether she is with me or not.  Since her taxes and fees would be refunded, the total would be the same as if I was solo.  I wouldn't lose any money.

Edited by Tiger0613
  • Like 1

Don't make it a habit. If you bring attention to the fact that you are utilizing her VIFP Offers by adding her to a booking and letting her no show in an attempt to give you a lower total cost than if you were to book on your own, you would be gaming the special offers and can have your membership into the VIFP Club and/or access to special offers forfeited. When being enrolled into the VIFP Club, you agreed not to defraud the company.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Don't make it a habit. If you bring attention to the fact that you are utilizing her VIFP Offers by adding her to a booking and letting her no show in an attempt to give you a lower total cost than if you were to book on your own, you would be gaming the special offers and can have your membership into the VIFP Club and/or access to special offers forfeited. When being enrolled into the VIFP Club, you agreed not to defraud the company.

This ^^^^^

12 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

I'm not trying to defraud Carnival.  My mom intends to come with me.  I'm asking just in case she can't come due to poor health or death.  She is 68.

Just now, Tiger0613 said:

I'm not trying to defraud Carnival.  My mom intends to come with me.  I'm asking just in case she can't come due to poor health or death.  She is 68.

If you aren't manipulating the special offers in a situation like that, I would assume you would reach out to Carnival as soon as you are aware of a change in the number of passengers per your cruise ticket contract.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiger0613 said:

wow, you sound like 68 is old!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, linbobky said:

Unfortunately I know many people who died of "natural causes" (i.e. not a car accident or shooting, etc) before they reached 68 years old.

For the OP: if you wait until the day of sailing and just have your mother as a no-show, you'll get port fees and taxes refunded, but the rest of the cruise fare will remain with Carnival.  If you know she won't be sailing before the final payment deadline, in theory you could swap in a different person for a fee, but you'd probably also lose the VIFP offer.

11 minutes ago, linbobky said:

My mother has type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, borderline glaucoma, and at least tendonitis.  Her mother died at 86 from congestive heart failure.  Her father died at 66 from colon cancer that had spread to his lungs.

My father died at 57 from a heart attack with heart disease as a contributing cause.  He had type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, both lenses replaced due to cataracts, major heart attack, angioplasty, stents, quadruple bypass, defibrillator that was taken out due to a staph infection and replaced with a pacemaker/defibrillator, and congestive heart failure six times.  His heart function was down to 10% before he died.  His father died at around 50 from heart disease.  His mother died at 70 from the effects of a stroke several year prior.  She was bedridden.  She just wanted to go.