Bar Harbor/Big crowds- Royal C excursion instead of Oli's Trolley

dizgal64

We are on Adventure, sept 29. Was wondering since Adventure of the Seas and Zaandam are in port together (read someone on here talk about the crowds on Sept 29,2019) and this is a tendering port, would there be an advantage to booking the cruise excursion over Oli's? I was thinking the ship  gives priority to their people first?

And if we pick Oli's, we were thinking of the 2.5 hour tour. I've read this is a school bus. What tours do they use the trolleys for? I would rather have 

those, I think. Is it a big deal or not?

TIA

I agree with "1025cruise" -- Ollie's only uses trollies.  We have used Ollie's and thought they were excellent.

Most cruise lines give tender priority to those on their own excursions and those passengers with high loyalty levels.  You will have to determine the policy for RC.  That being said, Bar Harbor does have the option of large private tenders.  Again, you will have to research if RC has used the large private tenders at this port in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on the 4 hour Oli's Trolley Tour in October.  It looks like it is a short walk from the pier. (I put Cruise Ship Dock int Google Maps and it came back as Town Pier - I hope that is right.)  We booked the 9:30 AM Tour.  Check-in is at 9:00 AM.  Our ship arrives at 7:00 AM.  I figure that will give us plenty of time to tender and get to the meeting site.  

Is there a place near the trolley where we can pick up a snack to carry on the tour?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 10:57 AM, Sunny AZ Girl said:

We are booked on the 4 hour Oli's Trolley Tour in October.  It looks like it is a short walk from the pier. (I put Cruise Ship Dock int Google Maps and it came back as Town Pier - I hope that is right.)  We booked the 9:30 AM Tour.  Check-in is at 9:00 AM.  Our ship arrives at 7:00 AM.  I figure that will give us plenty of time to tender and get to the meeting site.  

Is there a place near the trolley where we can pick up a snack to carry on the tour?

If I recall what I read, Oli’s has snacks available for purchase at their location

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1