MDR, table for 2

Just booked our first cruise in over 10 years, in the past the first thing we always did when we got on board was go to the MDR and see if we could be switched to a table for 2, anyone know if this is this still possible?

Depends on the boat I would say....plenty of 2 person seating in the MDR on Grandeur....although....they do tend to be 'very close' to the table of 4 next to it....since it is just pulled away about 12 inches from a 6 person table 😉

3 minutes ago, eswort said:

Just booked our first cruise in over 10 years, in the past the first thing we always did when we got on board was go to the MDR and see if we could be switched to a table for 2, anyone know if this is this still possible?

If you are in My Time, they will automaticaly given a table to yourselves.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

If you are in My Time, they will automaticaly given a table to yourselves.

we picked late seating, so your saying i probably should have picked the "my time"? my time wasnt really a thing the last time we cruised and we always liked the late seating so i picked that....we are doing a 9 night canada cruise on adventure

3 minutes ago, eswort said:

we picked late seating, so your saying i probably should have picked the "my time"? my time wasnt really a thing the last time we cruised and we always liked the late seating so i picked that....we are doing a 9 night canada cruise on adventure

If you want to stay with fixed (traditional) seating, then request your table for two from rcldining@rccl.com about 3 weeks before the cruise.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

If you want to stay with fixed (traditional) seating, then request your table for two from rcldining@rccl.com about 3 weeks before the cruise.

Thanks will give that a try

4 minutes ago, eswort said:

Thanks will give that a try

If they are able to give you the table for two, make sure you double check it right after you board.

8 hours ago, eswort said:

Your table number should be printed on your Seapass card that you will get when you board - if I were you, go straight to the MDR to find your table and see how many it’s for, then if it’s more than 2 and you want to switch to a 2, go and see the maitre d or guest services 😊 Happy Cruising!

It's one of the first things we do when we get on board - go to the MDR and sort our table for 2 . Yes, the tables are close together, but it's still nicer to have a table to ourselves.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, island lady said:

On a related subject, we always ask for a "two  top"...table for two in the MDR for breakfast and lunch as well.  And are always granted that request.  

Likewise . When we have breakfast or lunch in the MDR. Don't mind having some conversation with table close by if we choose to (and we often do, particularly if the same people are at the adjoining table night after night) but don't want to feel as if we have to make polite conversation because we are sat at the same table

10 minutes ago, MrsHFQ said:

Likewise . When we have breakfast or lunch in the MDR. Don't mind having some conversation with table close by if we choose to (and we often do, particularly if the same people are at the adjoining table night after night) but don't want to feel as if we have to make polite conversation because we are sat at the same table

One of the biggest reasons we like a two top for lunch in the MDR...is that we always do the Tutti Salad bar.  We eat much before anyone else would if they ordered from the menu and had to wait (and sometimes that wait can be quite long).  Always felt funny to "eat and run" when we get seated at a larger table.  

2 hours ago, MrsHFQ said:

It's one of the first things we do when we get on board - go to the MDR and sort our table for 2 . Yes, the tables are close together, but it's still nicer to have a table to ourselves.

We do the same

54 minutes ago, island lady said:

One of the biggest reasons we like a two top for lunch in the MDR...is that we always do the Tutti Salad bar.  We eat much before anyone else would if they ordered from the menu and had to wait (and sometimes that wait can be quite long).  Always felt funny to "eat and run" when we get seated at a larger table.  

Can't beat the Tutti Salad for lunch on sea days (especially when you have had a lie in and missed breakfast!)

• Like 1