NCL Bliss Show "Six"

FBegg

I have reservations for both "Jersey Boys" and "Six" on the Bliss Oct 27th sailing.😃

I have not been able to get reservations for "Havana" as of yet, but "Havana" still shows as a potential choice

on the "entertainment" page at this point.   I don't know if "Six" is replacing an existing show or is just an addition to the line up.

On 7/8/2019 at 6:28 AM, Misself said:

Six is a new musical (hip hop I think) based on the six wives of Henry VIII.   I haven't seen it but some of the music appeared on my spotify recently and I quite enjoyed it (as someone who doesn't normally enjoy rap music).

From wikipedia.... The musical is a modern retelling of the lives of the six wives of Henry VIII presented as a pop concert, as the wives take turns singing and telling their story to see who had the worst time with Henry and will become the group's lead singer.

Sounds like a fun show! I will have to book it when it becomes available. Thanks for the info.

On 7/8/2019 at 8:15 AM, FBegg said:

Yes, the show "Six" does not appear online on the Bliss "entertainment" page for me either. When I called in to make a reservation for "Jersey Boys," the representative offered to book "Six" for me as well.  I suppose I should of asked what the show was about, duh.  I received a reservation confirmation for the show. (Bliss Oct 27th sailing.) The show is scheduled for 2 of the nights, a 7:30 performance and a 10:30 performance each of the 2 nights. I don't know if it's replacing something, I'll have to call NCL back.  

Is the Jersey Boys show at the same times 7:30 & 10 :30 pm ?   and what about the show Havana times?  if you find out anything about this six .. please post it 🙂  Happy Sailing 🚤 

7 minutes ago, thunter1224 said:

Is the Jersey Boys show at the same times 7:30 & 10 :30 pm ?   and what about the show Havana times?  if you find out anything about this six .. please post it 🙂  Happy Sailing 🚤 

did some more googling and playbill.com lists openings for female musicians for late august-3/1/20 on the bliss/six musical

1 minute ago, tokidoki said:

did some more googling and playbill.com lists openings for female musicians for late august-3/1/20 on the bliss/six musical

Thank You ..I will be on her Dec. 1 2019..

1 minute ago, tokidoki said:

Yes thunter1224, "Jersey Boys " is performing on 2 separate nights on my cruise. Two performances each of those nights, at 7:30 and 10:30. Still no updates on "Havana." The NCL rep I spoke with suggested that "Havana" may be either being replaced by "Six" or perhaps "Havana" will be performing one night only instead of two nights. Truthfully, it sounded like to me that she really didn't know. 

Edited by FBegg

1 hour ago, hallux said:

@tokidoki it's possible it's only a 6 month contract for the performers but it's too early to be looking to re-cast for your sailing.

will be googling and hopefully I will what my cruise will offer.   Cant book till 120 days out, 11/2!  thx

On 7/9/2019 at 6:23 AM, FBegg said:

I have reservations for both "Jersey Boys" and "Six" on the Bliss Oct 27th sailing.😃

I have not been able to get reservations for "Havana" as of yet, but "Havana" still shows as a potential choice

on the "entertainment" page at this point.   I don't know if "Six" is replacing an existing show or is just an addition to the line up.

I’m on the Bliss Oct 27th sailing and the option of Six does not come up. At all.

I did already make reservations for Jersey Boys last week.  

This is strange, no?

8 hours ago, tanyaewa said:

I’m on the Bliss Oct 27th sailing and the option of Six does not come up. At all.

I did already make reservations for Jersey Boys last week.  

This is strange, no?

Yes, true "tanyaewa," but if you telephone NCL, the rep will make reservations for "Six" for you.  If I recall, the performances are on the 28th and 29th, 2 times each night (7:30 & 10:30). You will receive an e-mail "entertainment confirmation" for your reservation.

• Like 1

I'm a huge fan of Six! You can give the London album a listen on Spotify. It's a very short show and a lot of fun, very suited to a cruise ship! 
One fun thing about the show is the songwriters tried to write each wife's song in the style of a different pop artist, so if you're unsure if it's for you...

Catherine of Aragon = Beyonce

Anne Boleyn = Avril Lavigne and Lily Allen

Jane Seymour = Adele and Sia

Anne of Cleves = Rihanna and Nicki Minaj

Katherine Howard = Britney Spears and Ariana Grande

Catherine Parr = Alicia Keys

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm sailing on the Bliss in August and received an email from NCL that my reserved Jersey Boys performance was being moved to a different evening.  When I called they were not showing Havana as being on the entertainment list and would not confirm what would be coming in to replace it.  I was told that they would email as soon as something is in place.

None of this shows up when you log in to your site, you have to call. :)

• 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

No its replacing ROA on Breakaway

Interesting.  Does that mean it will replace Million Dollar Quartet on Getaway?  The shorter running time makes it a more logical replacement for the secondary show, but maybe the ROA contract was up and it was easier to slip this in rather than find a new 100+ minute show.