Allure propulsion issues?

On 7/11/2019 at 11:28 AM, ONECRUISER said:

Yes. If before reg scheduled Dry Dock probably out of Service a Month, over and back... Only if gets worse or more issues

I spoke to the RCL rep and he said that the propulsion issue will be taken care of during the Mid March 58 day drydock stop at Barcelona. And by the way the bearing replacement on the Azipods can be done in less than a week from what i understand. The last Azipod issue was taken care of at Bahama's drydock in about 5 days. Having said this - Most ships need only 2 Azipods, Allure has 3 of those. With 2 working they will just go at reduced speed probably aroung 15 to 17 Knots.

3 hours ago, Delta2019 said:

I spoke to the RCL rep and he said that the propulsion issue will be taken care of during the Mid March 58 day drydock stop at Barcelona. And by the way the bearing replacement on the Azipods can be done in less than a week from what i understand. The last Azipod issue was taken care of at Bahama's drydock in about 5 days. Having said this - Most ships need only 2 Azipods, Allure has 3 of those. With 2 working they will just go at reduced speed probably aroung 15 to 17 Knots.

This is the norm with these issues over the yrs

3 hours ago, Delta2019 said:

Since the Oasis accident at the drydock in Freeport they no longer have the capability to that repair work in the Bahamas.

On 7/22/2019 at 6:37 PM, Fastback89 said:

I know this has been beat to death but I figured I'd share. Was on Allure last week and we sat in on the Captains questions and answers and after waiting till everyone left I asked him about the broken Pod. His response was "We're still using it, at a reduced speed" He talked about the bearing that's the issue with the pod and how the drydock got broken when Oasis was using the dock. I was watching our speed during most of our trip and it was interesting that the ship wasn't going that slow, 17 to 20 knots on average. I think without the broken Pod speeds were in the 21 to 23 range. Also when looking out the back of the ship you can see 3 wakes being thrown, but the starboard side is weak compared to the other 2. I apologize if this information is useless junk.

This is the info i was looking for. Thank you for posting it.