Allure propulsion issues?

3 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

I haven’t seen any updates on the status of the Grand Bahama shipyard. Has anyone seen anything about when they will be back up and running for drydocks? 

GBSY has always been "up and running" with two other drydocks in operation this whole time.  As for when the replacement for the failed dock will arrive (I know they are negotiating for one from China, I believe), that I can't say, and whether they will ever try this "partial drydocking" again is anyone's guess.

• Like 1

I know this has been beat to death but I figured I'd share. Was on Allure last week and we sat in on the Captains questions and answers and after waiting till everyone left I asked him about the broken Pod. His response was "We're still using it, at a reduced speed" He talked about the bearing that's the issue with the pod and how the drydock got broken when Oasis was using the dock. I was watching our speed during most of our trip and it was interesting that the ship wasn't going that slow, 17 to 20 knots on average. I think without the broken Pod speeds were in the 21 to 23 range. Also when looking out the back of the ship you can see 3 wakes being thrown, but the starboard side is weak compared to the other 2. I apologize if this information is useless junk.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm on the Allure on Nov 24. We are supposed to be going to Perfect Day, St Thomas and St Maarten. It sounds like ports will likely change since this issue won't be fixed until dry dock? 

Will it be St Thomas changing to San Juan or potentially other changes?

4 hours ago, wwiems23 said:

I'm on the Allure on Nov 24. We are supposed to be going to Perfect Day, St Thomas and St Maarten. It sounds like ports will likely change since this issue won't be fixed until dry dock? 

Unpredictable.

5 hours ago, wwiems23 said:

We are on the Allure in September and they changed our port from St Thomas to San Juan.

2 hours ago, springfire said:

We are on the Allure in September and they changed our port from St Thomas to San Juan.

We did the Eastern on May 5th. and they shortened the times of one port, San Juan.

Did the Western on June 30. and no time changes, made all ports.

And when we watched the channel that broadcast from the deck, we were moving pretty good, most days just a tad under 19-20 knotts (or whatevers).

Safe travels

3 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

We did the Eastern on May 5th. and they shortened the times of one port, San Juan.

Did the Western on June 30. and no time changes, made all ports.

And when we watched the channel that broadcast from the deck, we were moving pretty good, most days just a tad under 19-20 knotts (or whatevers).

Safe travels

We are doing the Eastern and instead of a full day in St Thomas, we now get a half day in San Juan.  They also shortened our time in Nassau by one hour.   We will still have fun.

Nice to know that the Allure is doing close to 20 knotts.

Happy cruising!

14 minutes ago, springfire said:

We are doing the Eastern and instead of a full day in St Thomas, we now get a half day in San Juan.  They also shortened our time in Nassau by one hour.   We will still have fun.

Nice to know that the Allure is doing close to 20 knotts.

Happy cruising!

Our stops were on May 5th.

St. Marten

San Juan

and 

Labadee.

• Clarea changed the title to Allure propulsion issues?
3 minutes ago, holiday-shrek said:

A lot of times they did not take any passengers on the TA to drydock....latest cancelled TA for passengers was Oasis and Indy!

Fair point! fingers crossed they don't then ha ha Maybe they have factored the option of cancelling of Malaga as a stop to give them the extra time?

As much as i don't want it to happen, we've booked flight separately and booked a return ( cheaper) and have relatives who live in Florida so may end up stopping with them if they did sail empty!

Only time will tell 

• Like 1

On our Sept 22 on Allure, they changed the time in port at Falmouth, later arrival and departure and only five hours in San Juan, and then Labadee a full day.  I like the schedule, four sea days and no change in venue, just the times and in a GRAND suite too!😁

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

On our Sept 22 on Allure, they changed the time in port at Falmouth, later arrival and departure and only five hours in San Juan, and then Labadee a full day.  I like the schedule, four sea days and no change in venue, just the times and in a GRAND suite too!😁

And to add to the mix, what if there is a medical Evacs? It would appear the schedule has been tightened up, but does it leave any room for such things which just happened yestetday?

Oh well, as long as I have time in St Marteen and Labadee I will be fine, I have a short snorkel excursion in San Juan, which I could cancel.

It is what it is.  I booked the ship not the itinerary, so I am ok.

Edited by Judyrem

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

And to add to the mix, what if there is a medical Evacs? It would appear the schedule has been tightened up, but does it leave any room for such things which just happened yestetday?

Even without Propulsion issues, these happen all the time, have had dozen's Medical Emergencies over the yrs. 3 on one Cruise alone last yr. Speed up, turn around, and multiple airlifts, many missed/changed Ports and time's. All without Engine problem's. . Not predictable, happen's...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1