Riviera 2019 Refurbishment

BEEZLEE

1 hour ago, BEEZLEE said:

Apparently some Riviera upgrades completed in June/19 including veranda staterooms etc....has anyone seen pics / comments yet ?

My understanding is that the Veranda staterooms received softgood upgrades i.e cushions,  upholstery, curtains and some rugs. 

The new stuff matches the existing color schemes, so identifying changes would be like trying to figure out which direction the painters are going when they are re-painting a wall with the exact same color.   

We were on her in June.  Our 2 Concierge Veranda rooms on Deck 9 did not appear to have received the updates.  The sofa was the only thing that really needed it though.

If it is of concern to you, please check with Oceania or your agent and they can let you know for sure.

Edited by stl9092

On 7/10/2019 at 8:06 PM, BEEZLEE said:

Apparently some Riviera upgrades completed in June/19 including veranda staterooms etc....has anyone seen pics / comments yet ?

Updates were done in April. There's a post from May with some photos,main change was Baristas enlargement and computer area decreased. Other was normal 3 year refurbishing.

On Riviera for 22 days in May.  The only rooms that received refurbishments were the owners suites, all other staterooms stayed the same.  New Baristas, new deck chairs and a new computer system were the only other upgrades.  Sorry, forgot, new carpets in the specialty restaurants.  

3 hours ago, Maverick Cruiser said:

On Riviera for 22 days in May.  The only rooms that received refurbishments were the owners suites, all other staterooms stayed the same.  New Baristas, new deck chairs and a new computer system were the only other upgrades.  Sorry, forgot, new carpets in the specialty restaurants.  

Incorrect. 

Only the Owners Suites and a few public areas  were redecorated, i.e had the decor change.

Many (most?) other cabins, and a number of public areas were refreshed with replacement softgoods.

Given the age and demeanor of the average  Oceania passenger, it is hard to believe the punishment that those fabrics receive.

8 hours ago, StanandJim said:

Incorrect. 

Only the Owners Suites and a few public areas  were redecorated, i.e had the decor change.

Many (most?) other cabins, and a number of public areas were refreshed with replacement softgoods.

Given the age and demeanor of the average  Oceania passenger, it is hard to believe the punishment that those fabrics receive.

Owners suites, big deal as there only three of these.  Just a PR stunt to try to show they are doing something when they are really not.  Need to re do where most of the people live not just the very few. 

• Like 1

Seems odd that Oceania has not promoted any refurbishments and is very vague with answers about what was done.    We were on the ship in February, ship looked very tired especially the cabin.  Draperies were torn and hanging, carpet and fabrics looked worn.  When I questioned Oceania last week, I was told things were replace “where needed”,  could not get a definitive answer.  It seems the powers to be don’t really care about appearance.  This is not the Oceania we knew and loved, we are looking at other options.  

We were on Marina last week, and my mother pointed out how difficult it can be to extract oneself from some of the chairs in Martini’s.  She is hoping that they are replaced, although I didn’t notice a problem with them.  That’s the benefit of being 50 instead of 78, clearly, but I hope everyone would be comfortable on the ship, no matter her age.  

I posted pictures on another thread on this subject.  Yes, the soft goods in all the cabins were changed.  Carpet throughout was changed, but they are the exact same pattern so they don’t look any different.   When we were on Riviera in March, we were told that if furniture or things like drawers in the bathrooms were in bad shape, they would change those. FALSE !!!!!!  The bathrooms in the Vistas have drawers and cabinets that are very worn, and some don’t close completely because of warping, but they are still there.  The nightstand drawers are nearly impossible to open or close completely.  There are gouges in the wall that weren’t fixed.   All these rumors of major updates were nothing but poo.  

Oceania put nearly all their refurbishment into wiring for the supposed upgraded technology.  Despite all the work they said they did, internet was still terribly slow (unless you sprung for their extra cost faster internet), the TV is still crappy, and the really great list of movies they used to have are downright awful, with most titles being obscure films I’ve never heard of.  

What they also also need to refurbish is the Riviera Lounge.  Talk about shabby!!   Upholstery worn and grossly stained, gouges in the wooden portion of the seats,  and some seats that feel like they could collapse.  But I guess technology is what’s more important to O, rather than keeping the ship fresh and the passengers comfortable (those 6 inch from the floor chairs in nearly every public venue are really bad for anyone with physical problems or for those who just can’t stand up from chairs or sofas that are lower than a toilet.) 

D29C0506-935E-4E0A-B28C-4E60A7D7505E.jpeg

87E6FE18-1537-4EFF-BBAF-125C284D7AD0.jpeg

75797D82-1974-4B18-ADC8-12793AB38004.jpeg

02386A38-8483-4404-9BC4-2D3FD05B398C.jpeg

F8E64BA0-83BD-4390-BBBE-E3503DB86DCA.jpeg

43 minutes ago, kitty9 said:

I posted pictures on another thread on this subject.  Yes, the soft goods in all the cabins were changed.  Carpet throughout was changed, but they are the exact same pattern so they don’t look any different.   When we were on Riviera in March, we were told that if furniture or things like drawers in the bathrooms were in bad shape, they would change those. FALSE !!!!!!  The bathrooms in the Vistas have drawers and cabinets that are very worn, and some don’t close completely because of warping, but they are still there.  The nightstand drawers are nearly impossible to open or close completely.  There are gouges in the wall that weren’t fixed.   All these rumors of major updates were nothing but poo.  

Oceania put nearly all their refurbishment into wiring for the supposed upgraded technology.  Despite all the work they said they did, internet was still terribly slow (unless you sprung for their extra cost faster internet), the TV is still crappy, and the really great list of movies they used to have are downright awful, with most titles being obscure films I’ve never heard of.  

What they also also need to refurbish is the Riviera Lounge.  Talk about shabby!!   Upholstery worn and grossly stained, gouges in the wooden portion of the seats,  and some seats that feel like they could collapse.  But I guess technology is what’s more important to O, rather than keeping the ship fresh and the passengers comfortable (those 6 inch from the floor chairs in nearly every public venue are really bad for anyone with physical problems or for those who just can’t stand up from chairs or sofas that are lower than a toilet.) 

D29C0506-935E-4E0A-B28C-4E60A7D7505E.jpeg

87E6FE18-1537-4EFF-BBAF-125C284D7AD0.jpeg

75797D82-1974-4B18-ADC8-12793AB38004.jpeg

02386A38-8483-4404-9BC4-2D3FD05B398C.jpeg

F8E64BA0-83BD-4390-BBBE-E3503DB86DCA.jpeg

Very sorry to be reading this post.  Usually O does a good job when re doing their ships.  Are they just trying to do this on the cheap as with their new loyalty program?    Could come back to hurt them in the long run.  

9 hours ago, LHT28 said:

May 2020

Thank you! 

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that the Marina and Riviera aren't getting the renovation attention they deserve?  I mean, the R ship rooms are completely different and looks pretty great.  Riviera and Marina's rooms are certainly nice....but I can't believe they still have those drapes in the PH categories on Riviera and Marina.  My last cruise was in 2016 and there were holes in them.  And the cabinets are definitely worn.  A new sofa and rug is it??!!

• 1 month later...

I find it fascinating that someone on this site wrote what I thought was unkind and political, and I responded.  We have both been silenced and that is probably good.  I just hope that the silencing was not only because of my response and that, until I responded, the unkind posting was being ignored.  Maybe to ignore unkindness is best for all.  Just wondering.

• 2 months later...

We're scheduled to take a 14 day cruise on the Riviera next year. It is our first time to cruise with Oceania and I'm getting a little concerned while reading these posts. One of the reasons we chose this cruise was due to the fact the Riviera had just been refurbished. I'm wondering if is should pull out while I still can, I have no desire to spend two weeks with torn drapes and worn out furniture. 

We were on the Riviera for 30 days in September. No worries - the ship looks great. They have done some updates mostly in the public areas. Just changed the carpet in the cabins, no refurbishing, except updating the upper suites.

You didn’t tell us what cruise lines you sailed before, but I hope you’ll like your first Oceania cruise.