Alternate airport transfer post cruise

ian441672

Hi

Looking ahead to our cruise on the Enchanted next July, the cruise ends in Rome. I have asked and Princess only offers their transfers to Fuimicino airport, not Ciampino.  We can get good flights home from Ciampino and this would be our preferred airport, does anyone know how easy or feasible it would be to book private transfers after disembarking to Ciampino from the port? Is there a 'meet and greet' area where our driver could wait for us and easily take us to our car? Anyone done this?

Many thanks.

21 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

Taxis are very expensive in Rome, so you are better taking a private car. Check the section on the port of Rome.

Thanks, yes, I was planning on pre-booking and I've found a couple of potential companies. I will look at the port of Rome section, I wasn't aware of that, thanks. I was just wondering if anyone had experience of a similar thing? Thanks again.

We've only flown out of Fiumicino but we've never taken a ship transfer. We've always been picked up by a private service - usually Rome In Limo - and there is no problem finding your driver once you've collected your baggage. There will be lots of private cars, just look for the driver with the sign that has your name on it.

1 hour ago, 2theship said:

We've only flown out of Fiumicino but we've never taken a ship transfer. We've always been picked up by a private service - usually Rome In Limo - and there is no problem finding your driver once you've collected your baggage. There will be lots of private cars, just look for the driver with the sign that has your name on it.

Ah, that's great. Thanks for that, it has given me some comfort to do it, appreciate it.

1 hour ago, 2theship said:

160 Euros for private transfer, just checked Rome in Limo. Not cheap, but I guess this is the going rate these days.

34 minutes ago, ian441672 said:

160 Euros for private transfer, just checked Rome in Limo. Not cheap, but I guess this is the going rate these days.

It is expensive because it's a long distance.  Also try Rome Cabs which are private transfers or look on viator just to compare prices.

46 minutes ago, Schnauzerguy said:

Another service you might check is Bob's Limousine, romelimousines.com.  We used them a few years ago and the service was great.  It is a little weird only from the stand point that the company is apparently based in Ohio.

Thanks - 144 Euros! Not too bad either. Seems easier than I thought and means a better flight home. Appreciate all the replies, thanks!

• Like 1

We have used Stefano's Rome Cabs.  They meet us at the side of the ship and take us directly to either FCO or CIA.

Have you flown from CIA before?  It is mainly a military aerodrome used by RyanAir.   Do give yourself plenty of time as it is chaotic.  Only one food outlet, and generally disorganised.  

We are using sharedshuttle.it and for a shared shuttle, it is 60 Euros to FCO. I checked their website and they do go to CIA. They don't have a shared shuttle to CIA though but their private shuttle is 130 Euros. 

They also go to Rome Hotels which is what we are using them for. 

Also check out NCC Airport. They have a shared service and it is 100 Euros for two.

Both of these companies appear to receive good reviews.

13 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

We have used Stefano's Rome Cabs.  They meet us at the side of the ship and take us directly to either FCO or CIA.

Have you flown from CIA before?  It is mainly a military aerodrome used by RyanAir.   Do give yourself plenty of time as it is chaotic.  Only one food outlet, and generally disorganised.  

No we haven't, thanks for the heads up. Ryanair are the only company that can take us into Stanstead and we are only 40 minutes from there, which beats the 2.25 hours around the M25 from LHR!  No airport lounge then I take it lol. It will be worth the chaos, I hope. Thanks.

On 7/11/2019 at 10:38 AM, ian441672 said:

Try RomeCabs it is a little cheaper 130€.  We had used their service twice and will use them again later this year.