Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
ian441672

Alternate airport transfer post cruise

Recommended Posts

Hi

 

Looking ahead to our cruise on the Enchanted next July, the cruise ends in Rome. I have asked and Princess only offers their transfers to Fuimicino airport, not Ciampino.  We can get good flights home from Ciampino and this would be our preferred airport, does anyone know how easy or feasible it would be to book private transfers after disembarking to Ciampino from the port? Is there a 'meet and greet' area where our driver could wait for us and easily take us to our car? Anyone done this?

 

Many thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taxis are very expensive in Rome, so you are better taking a private car. Check the section on the port of Rome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

Taxis are very expensive in Rome, so you are better taking a private car. Check the section on the port of Rome.

 

Thanks, yes, I was planning on pre-booking and I've found a couple of potential companies. I will look at the port of Rome section, I wasn't aware of that, thanks. I was just wondering if anyone had experience of a similar thing? Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've only flown out of Fiumicino but we've never taken a ship transfer. We've always been picked up by a private service - usually Rome In Limo - and there is no problem finding your driver once you've collected your baggage. There will be lots of private cars, just look for the driver with the sign that has your name on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2theship said:

We've only flown out of Fiumicino but we've never taken a ship transfer. We've always been picked up by a private service - usually Rome In Limo - and there is no problem finding your driver once you've collected your baggage. There will be lots of private cars, just look for the driver with the sign that has your name on it.

Ah, that's great. Thanks for that, it has given me some comfort to do it, appreciate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2theship said:

We've only flown out of Fiumicino but we've never taken a ship transfer. We've always been picked up by a private service - usually Rome In Limo - and there is no problem finding your driver once you've collected your baggage. There will be lots of private cars, just look for the driver with the sign that has your name on it.

160 Euros for private transfer, just checked Rome in Limo. Not cheap, but I guess this is the going rate these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ian441672 said:

160 Euros for private transfer, just checked Rome in Limo. Not cheap, but I guess this is the going rate these days.

It is expensive because it's a long distance.  Also try Rome Cabs which are private transfers or look on viator just to compare prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, janina said:

It is expensive because it's a long distance.  Also try Rome Cabs which are private transfers or look on viator just to compare prices.

 

Ooooh - 140 Euros - cheaper! Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another service you might check is Bob's Limousine, romelimousines.com.  We used them a few years ago and the service was great.  It is a little weird only from the stand point that the company is apparently based in Ohio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Schnauzerguy said:

Another service you might check is Bob's Limousine, romelimousines.com.  We used them a few years ago and the service was great.  It is a little weird only from the stand point that the company is apparently based in Ohio.

 

Thanks - 144 Euros! Not too bad either. Seems easier than I thought and means a better flight home. Appreciate all the replies, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sounds about right.  The fixed fare for a taxi to FCO airport is 120 euro, and Ciampino is another 20k further so that rate seems fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have used Stefano's Rome Cabs.  They meet us at the side of the ship and take us directly to either FCO or CIA.

Have you flown from CIA before?  It is mainly a military aerodrome used by RyanAir.   Do give yourself plenty of time as it is chaotic.  Only one food outlet, and generally disorganised.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are using sharedshuttle.it and for a shared shuttle, it is 60 Euros to FCO. I checked their website and they do go to CIA. They don't have a shared shuttle to CIA though but their private shuttle is 130 Euros. 

They also go to Rome Hotels which is what we are using them for. 

Also check out NCC Airport. They have a shared service and it is 100 Euros for two.

 

Both of these companies appear to receive good reviews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

We have used Stefano's Rome Cabs.  They meet us at the side of the ship and take us directly to either FCO or CIA.

Have you flown from CIA before?  It is mainly a military aerodrome used by RyanAir.   Do give yourself plenty of time as it is chaotic.  Only one food outlet, and generally disorganised.  

 

 

No we haven't, thanks for the heads up. Ryanair are the only company that can take us into Stanstead and we are only 40 minutes from there, which beats the 2.25 hours around the M25 from LHR!  No airport lounge then I take it lol. It will be worth the chaos, I hope. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've used http://www.romeshuttlelimousine.com/ several times in the past both from and to Fiumicino. Since they are Rome based I would think they will do Ciampino too. We've booked them again for later in the year having looked at the prices on various other sites and found their pricing to be competitive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 10:38 AM, ian441672 said:

160 Euros for private transfer, just checked Rome in Limo. Not cheap, but I guess this is the going rate these days.

Try RomeCabs it is a little cheaper 130€.  We had used their service twice and will use them again later this year.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...