"Orange party" night!

ATC

2 hours ago, syesmar said:

At the Nieuw Statendam’s Grand Dutch Cafe, the koningsbol is not bite size, but quite large.  I didn’t see the ones at the Orange Party, but there were smaller versions in the Lido on occasion.

The thing about the cream puffs at the Orange Party is that they were fresh!  Not sitting around all day in the kitchen and then sitting the Lido!

Sometimes you have to go after the servers if you want one (or two!) since some of these guys do not necessarily cover the room well.

4 hours ago, MAVIP said:

diameter about 4.72 inch is  "normal" size. But in 's Hertogenbosch they produce them now in mini, normal and super sizes.2.JPG

Are these like the chocolate eclairs they sometimes have in the Neptune Lounge? 

A Bossche Bol is covered with chocolate icing/frosting (term?) and pure cream. An eclair could be filled with what we call confectioner's cream.  Would not the chefs on the HAL ship use the same recipe for all sizes? I must say everybody makes me very curious now; I never choose to ate one on board before as we can so easily buy them at home. But within 2 weeks......I will try to find all sizes on board a HAL ship. 😋

24 minutes ago, MAVIP said:

A Bossche Bol is covered with chocolate icing/frosting (term?) and pure cream. An eclair could be filled with what we call confectioner's cream.  Would not the chefs on the HAL ship use the same recipe for all sizes? I must say everybody makes me very curious now; I never choose to ate one on board before as we can so easily buy them at home. But within 2 weeks......I will try to find all sizes on board a HAL ship. 😋

A lot of HAL's eclairs have custard filling and are so-so at best. I think they are frozen.

éclairs can be filled with the beforementioned cream. confectioner's cream, custard and ice. I do not remember that I even tasted one with custard. If filled they have to be stored in the fridge, as short as possible.

The Bossche Bollen in the Dutch Cafe are to die for with the real pure cream . Too bad we can only afford to eat them once per cruise otherwise I will blow up.

For me and I know for a lot of other people the Grand Dutch Cafe on the Koningsdam and the Nieuw Statendam are one of the best additions to the HAL ships !

I have a lot of Orange shirts to choose from , looks good with the grey hair .

Tony :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1