Adult Only Resorts-Day Pass

Rebels82

48 minutes ago, Rebels82 said:

Thanks...I know it depends on which pier the cruise ship is docked.....does anyone have a general idea how far it is from the cruise port to Secrets Aura? 

Google maps?

6-8 miles.

• 4 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, blue_water said:

La Casa Beach Retreat, have not done this one through the cruise line but it looks looked the ultimate adults-only getaway...

Used to be only available for Carnival cruise lines, don’t know if it is still offered, I know they have used different locations for the same excursion in the past. I haven’t seen any reviews for a long time.

There is now also Del Mar Latino Beach Club if the OP doesn’t want children. Not exactly a resort. 

People seem to have different expectations when they ask for “adult-only”.

12 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Used to be only available for Carnival cruise lines, don’t know if it is still offered, I know they have used different locations for the same excursion in the past. I haven’t seen any reviews for a long time.

There is now also Del Mar Latino Beach Club if the OP doesn’t want children. Not exactly a resort. 

People seem to have different expectations when they ask for “adult-only”.

Yes the La Casa excursion is still offered through Carnival and HAL. Most descriptions state small groups (~16 ppl) and min age = 18, but HAL’s lists 8 yrs...so you’d need to investigate more. 

1 minute ago, blue_water said:

Yes the La Casa excursion is still offered through Carnival and HAL. Most descriptions state small groups (~16 ppl) and min age = 18, but HAL’s lists 8 yrs...so you’d need to investigate more. 

Mare they using the house at the northern end still. We rarely cruise Carnival so I have lost track and as I said I haven’t seen any reviews on here for a long time. 

It it used to be very popular when it was down near Palancar and run through third party Cool Trippings.

• 3 weeks later...

While we have been to Nachi C. and Allegro and enjoyed them very much, I recently discovered Del Mar Latino which is small, has a limit of 80 adults, is AI , and the best part,  only $30. PP.  We have a reserv. for Dec.  Good luck !  steve

9 minutes ago, zounds said:

While we have been to Nachi C. and Allegro and enjoyed them very much, I recently discovered Del Mar Latino which is small, has a limit of 80 adults, is AI , and the best part,  only $30. PP.  We have a reserv. for Dec.  Good luck !  steve

Yes we also have it booked for our next visit! It is presently on sale since it is fairly new. It seems to have good reviews. I remember seeing it being renovated last year when we passed.

have you tried it yet?

I know Nachi also  has some affiliation with Del Mar.

Edited by c-leg5

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

Is it an easy walk from the pier or do most take a cab to Del Mar Latino Beach Club?  Looks like a good place for the price for sure.

5-10 minute walk once you leave International. It is just passed Park Royal.

Depends on your walking ability. I certainly wouldn't take a cab - it would be $8, same as going to town. We have walked to Turquoise Bar but my husband is now beginning to find that a bit far in the heat so it depends on your ability.