Live - Independence Italian Med (7/13-7/27) - European Vacation

2 hours ago, IrishComet said:

Why remove grats, They are only on the ship. Was the check in and pier experience that bad?

Nothing wrong at all as this also happened on our May cruise and Julie's (Kernow)review of the cruise before ours with lots of people removing autogratuities which is so unfair to the crew.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Our first sea day, was just so relaxing.  We had a lazy morning, then went to our Meet and Mingle in the Viking Crown Lounge.  

The roll call we had for this cruise was not very active, but we had about 35 sign up.  Sadly, only about half showed up.  That just meant the odds of wining a prize went up. 

They did have wine as three of their prizes, and I walked away with one. 4E52E30D-E7D6-4951-8A51-8CB7879F89DA.thumb.jpeg.5abaa2ff58682f5c111caf0b68cb3e13.jpeg

Congratulations.

Pleased you had a quiet sail through the Bay of Biscay as it can get quite rough passing through that stretch of ocean.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

Who conducted the M&M ?  Cuddy is CD and Katie Activities Manager. Just curious.

It was not Cuddy.  I believe the young lady’s name was Katie. 

• Like 1

We found out we know a little more about cartoons than we thought we did.  We joined up with another couple at the Schooner bar for visual trivia, with a cartoon theme.  Our team score of 16 was not good enough for the coveted Royal Caribbean pen prize. 

The headliner show was Ryan Malloy, with Frankie and the Dreamers.  It was an entertaining show. 

14AE3191-6843-4CAC-B9B3-D6F1FF0B32E6.thumb.jpeg.c488513eee3444f94210ec0c0fdbba7a.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Our first sea day, was just so relaxing.  We had a lazy morning, then went to our Meet and Mingle in the Viking Crown Lounge.  

The roll call we had for this cruise was not very active, but we had about 35 sign up.  Sadly, only about half showed up.  That just meant the odds of wining a prize went up. 

They did have wine as three of their prizes, and I walked away with one. 4E52E30D-E7D6-4951-8A51-8CB7879F89DA.thumb.jpeg.5abaa2ff58682f5c111caf0b68cb3e13.jpeg

And on Jewel last week there was no wine at the M&M and they said they had been told by HO they were not to give out wine any more.  Guess Indie didn’t get the email!! 

Looks like there were 585 members of the non roll call. They would have needed a lot of bottles of wine if they all showed! 

Edited by little britain

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Looks like there were 585 members of the non roll call. They would have needed a lot of bottles of wine if they all showed! 

For some reason, I could not find that group when I searched. 

I look for Royal to stop hosting these before long.  It seems that fewer attend, and the staff is merely going through the motions. 

It is like -  here are your prizes, talk to one another, and we will see you.  You have the room for an hour. 

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

5F032EC6-A31B-44AF-8986-FEEE79B183BB.thumb.jpeg.6375e9a80cb2ee61d684989326cf761e.jpeg

Even Playmakers is empty. 

Did they show the world cup cricket final and the final of the tennis in Playmakers yesterday. Guess the excitement would of been very high, nail biting finishes to both

Edited by sgmn

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Did they show the world cup cricket final and the final of the tennis in Playmakers yesterday. Guess the excitement would of been very high, nail biting finishes to both

They showed the finals of tennis in the theatre.  Since it ran so long, they had to delay the start of the Frankie and the Dreamers show.  

Not sure if they had cricket on in Playmakers, but I would assume they did.  We were in other venues. 

On 7/13/2019 at 6:01 PM, zooma said:

No clue what the mysterious connection is, but I see you're from the Fireworks Capital of America! (Have family in the area.) Read the festival was "saved" this year through local efforts and Zambellis probably did the show, but ... connection?

Have a great cruise! Will be following along.

Sorry I missed this one earlier.  My guess would be that the fireworks were purchased, or put on by Zambellis, but I am looking for the company that “paid” for the finale portion of the fireworks show. 

That is the one with the connection.

Hint, there would be at least 1,000 sad faces onboard if what this company makes was not here.