Manhattan to Bayonne

Not a taxi,  better to hire a car service.  Something about taxis and fares and interstate travel.  We used Dial 7 and were pleased with the service.  Watch your bill, as tolls are supposed to be included, and they added (by mistake) some incorrect tolls.

This is also a common question on the East Coast Departures forum if you want other ideas:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/317-east-coast-departures/

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bfloluci2 said:

We are staying in NYC a couple nights before the cruise...our ship leaves on a Thursday....how long should I allow to get to the ship? I’m presuming taking a taxi is my best bet for ease...?? 

Where are you staying in Manhattan?  Definitely a car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo.  You’re on Anthem, right?  I’d be leaving Manhattan around 9:30 to arrive between 10 and 10:30 before the rush.  Anthem typically boards by 11 am and many of the lunch venues open at 11.  Bumper cars start at 12.  Good indoor hangout places are the 270 and the Solarium.  Solarium Bistro is good for a first day lunch.  Windjammer aft has outdoor seating.

46 minutes ago, bfloluci2 said:

We are staying in NYC a couple nights before the cruise...our ship leaves on a Thursday....how long should I allow to get to the ship? I’m presuming taking a taxi is my best bet for ease...?? 

Use Uber.... cheaper than a taxi!  Just make sure if u have a lot of luggage, that u ask for xl!  Time wise, u r coming out of the city and it’s a time in between rush hour, so u should plan on 9:30 pick up and we were able to board Anthem at 10:30 and were on the ship by 10:45!  U want to plan arrival between 10-10:30, because then the traffic really starts to get heavy!  Enjoy ur cruise- loved the Anthem!  

I would strongly advise to NOT use Carmellimo. Unfortunately I fell for them for the trip from Manhattan to Bayonne. 

Very unreliable and rude Service. 

They didn´t Show up on time, after some Long phone calls with very rude customer Service they finally picked us up one hour late and not at the Right pick up Point. The car was eventually found By the Hotels bell man. 

Carmellimo = Total Desaster !!!

I wish I had looked at their trip Advisor Ratings Prior to booking.

Edited by 123funcruiser

We have used Dial 7 and the service was great.  They were on time or early and very professional.  We used them for 4 days when we were going from NJ to NYC and there was never a problem going or coming back.

1 hour ago, 123funcruiser said:

I would strongly advise to NOT use Carmellimo. Unfortunately I fell for them for the trip from Manhattan to Bayonne. 

Very unreliable and rude Service. 

They didn´t Show up on time, after some Long phone calls with very rude customer Service they finally picked us up one hour late and not at the Right pick up Point. The car was eventually found By the Hotels bell man. 

Carmellimo = Total Desaster !!!

I wish I had looked at their trip Advisor Ratings Prior to booking.

We just returned from a trip to NYC, but not for a cruise.  We used Carmellimo to/from the airport.  While we had to wait ~5-10 minutes for pickup at the airport (traffic was EXTREMELY backed up getting into the airport), everything else went without a hitch.  

Both drivers were professional and didn't make us feel unsafe at all. 

5 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

We just returned from a trip to NYC, but not for a cruise.  We used Carmellimo to/from the airport.  While we had to wait ~5-10 minutes for pickup at the airport (traffic was EXTREMELY backed up getting into the airport), everything else went without a hitch.  

Both drivers were professional and didn't make us feel unsafe at all. 

They might get it Right from time to time, unfortunately I only found out after my bad Experience that they have a rate of 51% of lowest possible Ratings on trip advisor and I would have liked to give them -6 Points.

BTW before Rating them I gave them a Chance to respond to my complaints. They were not interested in answering my message.

7 minutes ago, 123funcruiser said:

They might get it Right from time to time, unfortunately I only found out after my bad Experience that they have a rate of 51% of lowest possible Ratings on trip advisor and I would have liked to give them -6 Points.

BTW before Rating them I gave them a Chance to respond to my complaints. They were not interested in answering my message.

You gave your experience and I gave mine.  Why you think yours outweighs mine, I don't understand, but whatever. 

I used Dial 7 last year to get us from Manhattan to Anthem of the Seas and they were great. Driver was on time (actually he was early!) and asked if it was ok if he made a route change based on traffic (find by me, I don’t know NYC traffic) anyways it took about in hour-ish to get to the ship. Cost wasn’t too bad I think around 80-100 but I can’t remember exactly. 

Uber will definitely be the cheapest option. 

1 hour ago, 138east said:

Where are you staying in Manhattan?  Definitely a car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo.  You’re on Anthem, right?  I’d be leaving Manhattan around 9:30 to arrive between 10 and 10:30 before the rush.  Anthem typically boards by 11 am and many of the lunch venues open at 11.  Bumper cars start at 12.  Good indoor hangout places are the 270 and the Solarium.  Solarium Bistro is good for a first day lunch.  Windjammer aft has outdoor seating.

We are staying in ROW NYC Times Square