Riviera Vista Suites

pmcue

11 minutes ago, pmcue said:

Are there any pros / cons of any of these suites locations?

Short answer:  The views are stunning and the accommodations are gorgeous and spacious , but the balcony can be windy while she ship is at sea, and the drapes must be drawn after sundown to maintain good visibility from the bridge.  

12 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

Short answer:  The views are stunning and the accommodations are gorgeous and spacious , but the balcony can be windy while she ship is at sea, and the drapes must be drawn after sundown to maintain good visibility from the bridge.  

So are the cons worth all that extra money a Vita costs?    I would rather have an Oceania suite and be able to use my balcony all the time.  Just me? or do more people feel this  way? 

1 hour ago, RJB said:

So are the cons worth all that extra money a Vita costs?    I would rather have an Oceania suite and be able to use my balcony all the time.  Just me? or do more people feel this  way? 

Agree 100%

We had one Vista experience on an R ship and never again. The Oceania suites are all well located .

Enjoy!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StanandJim said:

Just to make the choice more difficult:

231442.jpg

b_000413.jpg

x_062306.jpg

1 hour ago, StanandJim said:

231442.jpg

b_000413.jpg

x_062306.jpg

Hard choice. Views are great, but on Nautica quite noisy when docking on port days and a lot of crew running around below you early in the morning and when departing.  Choice would still be in an Oceania suite and on the R ships an owners suite if i could afford it. Have to figure it out cruise by cruise. 

I know from reading posts here that we are in the minority but we loved the Vistas -- we've had two on Marina (the first was a gift from Oceania) and one each on Insignia (way back when) and Sirena in 2017.  We also had another gift from Oceania, an OS on Regatta back in 2005.

We didn't encounter the "too windy" problem when at sea.  Perhaps on those cruises we didn't have many sea days, I'll  have to check on that.  Some day.  But we did not consider it to be a problem. 

I also am a fan of the Oceania Suites (especially for a lower cost) but I prefer having the TV in the living room -- which the Vistas have -- as opposed to in the Media Room in the OCs, which we never use.

I should admit that we DO love the aft suites ... but wouldn't refuse another VS for the right offer!

Just our preference.  Would love an OS as well .... but ....

Mura

2 hours ago, StanandJim said:

231442.jpg

b_000413.jpg

x_062306.jpg

These photos say it all, at least for us.

We LOVE forward facing views on cruises.  LOVE them!

We've had a similar wonderful suite on a different line/ship, and it was our favorite ever.  And we had it for a cruise to Alaska.  Better yet, it was Northbound, and we were able to get the starboard side.  So the day from Glacier Bay to Hubbard Glacier, with a clear sky and snow covered mountains... we were almost mesmerized.  Ditto the final day.

In that case, the bed also faced a big window, which was perfect.

We wish Oceania had a few PH suites that are forward-facing, but they don't.  At some point, we might try to get one of those forward balcony cabins instead of a PH, just for the views.  The Vista suites are a bit pricey for us, although there are a couple of itineraries where we might spring for it, given the views.

We've found that just sitting down on the forward balcony is quite fine under most conditions.

We also kept the lights out in at least one room at night so we could sit there with the curtains open and still "see where we are going".

We almost never left our suite on that Alaska cruise.  It was just perfect.

We had a large OS on another line/ship, a suite that was aft, and although others rave about that aft location, we found ourselves most of the time at a forward observation lounge, rather than our suite.

But... different strokes, etc.!

GC

1 hour ago, Mura said:

I know from reading posts here that we are in the minority but we loved the Vistas -- we've had two on Marina (the first was a gift from Oceania) and one each on Insignia (way back when) and Sirena in 2017.  We also had another gift from Oceania, an OS on Regatta back in 2005.

We didn't encounter the "too windy" problem when at sea.  Perhaps on those cruises we didn't have many sea days, I'll  have to check on that.  Some day.  But we did not consider it to be a problem. 

I also am a fan of the Oceania Suites (especially for a lower cost) but I prefer having the TV in the living room -- which the Vistas have -- as opposed to in the Media Room in the OCs, which we never use.

I should admit that we DO love the aft suites ... but wouldn't refuse another VS for the right offer!

Just our preference.  Would love an OS as well .... but ....

Mura

Mura, 

what a wonderful gift from O!! Holland America gave us a Neptune Suite but it was for reasons not a gift! 

Denise😊

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Mura, 

what a wonderful gift from O!! Holland America gave us a Neptune Suite but it was for reasons not a gift! 

Denise😊

To be honest it was a "gift" because they wanted our PH on an Alaska cruise and they "bribed" us with a Vista on Marina (she was brand new and we'd wanted to try her anyway) for a Med cruise.  Plus they gave us even more OBC than we'd already had ... The PH was half the cost of the VS so for us it was a no-brainer.

Mura

11 minutes ago, Mura said:

To be honest it was a "gift" because they wanted our PH on an Alaska cruise and they "bribed" us with a Vista on Marina (she was brand new and we'd wanted to try her anyway) for a Med cruise.  Plus they gave us even more OBC than we'd already had ... The PH was half the cost of the VS so for us it was a no-brainer.

Mura

Now that's what I call a "bribe"!

We had an offer for our PH, for a longer cruise, but where we didn't want to go, and worse, at a time we absolutely couldn't go.  IF we could have gone, we might have.  But there was no category change. 

I think we'd "follow a Vista suite upgrade anywhere" ! :classic_smile:

GC

23 minutes ago, Mura said:

Mura

That is awesome!

Denise😅

11 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Now that's what I call a "bribe"!

We had an offer for our PH, for a longer cruise, but where we didn't want to go, and worse, at a time we absolutely couldn't go.  IF we could have gone, we might have.  But there was no category change. 

I think we'd "follow a Vista suite upgrade anywhere" ! :classic_smile:

GC

+1. I was excited simply to spend two hours at sunset dining at the center aft tables of both Toscana (when sailing out of LaSpezia to Corsica) and Polo (when sailing from Amalfi north up the coast) on our cruise in May.  It is incredible to think about having a similar view the entire cruise.

(GC, sorry you had to miss that cruise.)

Edited by CintiPam
  • Like 1