Clothesline

jha112

Drape your damp clothes over a hanger and hang it from the air vent in your cabin.  It will dry much faster than in the bathroom. Definitely wrap wet items in a towel, stand on it, or wring it...whatever you need to do to get out excess water.  

Most ships have a clothesline over the tub/shower....comes out of the wall.  But, things don't dry very fast in that small space.  In your cabin, next to the airflow is your best bet!

The walls and ceilings are mostly metal. Magnetic hooks ( I got them at Home Depot. ours each hold 40 lb) on 2 opposing walls plus some strong twine makes a good clothes line. You can also find bungee style travel clothes lines online. Haven't tried those,  though. Once the clothes are dry, just roll up the twine, and the line is out of the way til next time. I leave the hooks up for bathrobes, or whatever, in between laundry days.

• Like 1

I bought a bungee cord type on amazon. if you have a veranda stateroom there is a space between curtain and the sliding door that gets pretty warm to hot. I hung the line in that space and closed the curtain dries suits pretty quick. plus it is out of site. we would do this before we leave the cabin for the evening.

later,

ezemoney 

• Like 1

With the bungee cord type, you can slip clothes between the braid, and with the heavy duty magnetic hooks, you'll have a clothes line for the bathroom or anywhere else. Helps to have it with you for those rinse and hang items. Happy sails.

We have successfully used removable 3M Command hooks.  Attach two on opposite walls (by the balcony door) and stretch a nylon string between the hooks. Or just use the hooks without the string.

They remove easily with no damage at the end of the cruise.

When we first sailed on Solstice -- and were shocked to learn that the shower had no clothesline, we went to REI and bought a travel line. It stretches to fit either a full-tub or shower enclosure, requires no pins, and has both suction cups and velcro straps, on each end. When I saw this thread, I looked it up -- to include a link. Sadly, REI no longer makes this -- or anything like it. So, I'd better not lose the one that I still have!

16 hours ago, jha112 said:

Sailing on the  Reflection. Any recommendation for a clothesline that works well?

I purchased a set of strong magnetic hooks from Amazon. I put two on the shower walls and pack a length of twine that I tie to the hooks. It's really easy to pack and works perfectly. Previously I purchased hooks (magnetic) from Lowes, but they weren't strong enough and I returned them. The ones from Amazon now live in my luggage and have enough cruises to have Elite status on their own. Here's a link.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EWL7N8Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by Luvcrusn

The magnetic hook thingies are amazing.

I first learned about them about a year ago here on Cruise Critic.

I have been cruising for over 30 years and have a packing list. 

I bought some for a cruise where I knew the bath room didn't have a "cloths line".  Some of the ideas I read about was to place the hooks the ceiling and hang your bathing suites for drying (not necessarily using twine.)   That was the initial idea that roped me in.

Then things like using the magnets to attach excursion tickets to the wall, along with other important things that we don't want to get mixed into the clutter that seems to accumulate on the desk came into play.

The ones I bought were a set of six, and you can actually unscrew the hooks as needed

Let's just say my wife fell in love with how we could use them to keep the cabin less cluttered.  We would hang our hats off of them while keeping them accessible.

I went looking for photos in how we used them, but I can't seem to find the photos.

To whomever on Cruise Critic did the original post in regards to the magnetic hooks, THANK YOU

Edited by gatour