Never been to Nevis or St.Lucia

3 hours ago, PelicanBill said:

Oh I did. And they said they'd look into it and admitted they knew the shore excursion had changed its destination and the description was different.  And they did nothing.  That is one different with Norwegian from Royal ...  Norwegian is very stingy about compensation for such things.

Up the chain...

There are posts on here from people who clearly haven't been to Vigie beach in a number of years. Mention of no restrooms and a small shack is outdated.  We were there within the last couple of years and they have really upgraded the facilities at the beach. We had a fantastic day there on a really nice beach within a short distance from the port.

They have a number of bars/restaurants along a small boardwalk with loungers and shades for rent, as well as lots of natural shade. OP take a look on the St Lucia board and search for Vigie. 

On 7/16/2019 at 7:06 PM, fishbonz said:

First been to St Kitts many times and it's getting old who has been to nevis and is it worth it any recommendation for beach and how much time to get too and from the ship?

Looking for a beach close to ship in St.Lucia any recommendation if you been there.

St. Lucia was our favorite port when we did our 14 day Caribbean cruise.  Not sure about the beach, but don't miss going to the thermal area close to the two famous mountains.

14 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Whoops, did you post in wrong place? This is the Royal Caribbean forum. I would suggest looking in ports of call.

No... the shore excursion operators are much the same.  My warning is in case you see a Reduit Beach transfer to be suspicious that it may not actually go there.

1 hour ago, 4774Papa said:

St. Lucia was our favorite port when we did our 14 day Caribbean cruise.  Not sure about the beach, but don't miss going to the thermal area close to the two famous mountains.

We always go past the town of soufriere near the pitons when going to the diamond botanical gardens for the mineral baths.  If you want to do the mud bath it is close by.

We have taken the public ferry to Nevis when in St Kitts and gone to the hot baths.  We felt like exploring Nevis on our own after we have been to St. Kitts a few times.  The ferry terminal is to the left of the pier where the ships dock.  Walk past the Kentucky Fried chicken and you will come to the ferry building with a bunch of taxis in front.  They have a schedule of ferry times arriving and departing Nevis.  Ferry ran on time both ways.  

On 7/17/2019 at 3:59 PM, Merion_Mom said:

I rarely do RC excursions, but I did the one to Nevis.  We took a fast catamaran and spent a few hours touring the sights and then went to a beachside restaurant for lunch and had free time at the beach.

I enjoyed it and felt more comfortable about the timing.

Me too.😊

• Like 1

Realised that I responded about a beach in St Lucia but not in Nevis.

We walked to Sunshines Bar on Pinneys beach from the pier. We followed the road north (with the sea on your left) until you get to a hotel at the very start of the beach at which point the road bends round to the right - this took 10-15 mins. We cut through the hotel (which looked pretty dilapidated when we were there 2 years ago) and then walked along the beach for another 5-10 minutes until we reached Sunshines. Unfortunately the heavens opened just after we got there and there was no let up in the rain so we didn't get the benefit but it looked like it would be a fun place with good facilities.

As a matter of interest on the road there - on the left - we passed the birthplace of Alexander Hamilton (of the Hamilton musical fame) - there is a plaque commemorating him.