Excursions beginning times

I am looking at the excursions available for our upcoming cruise in

April 2020. Is there a way to see the times various excursions begin?

I see the length of time an excursion lasts and maybe I am just not

looking in the right place. I am assuming that if you took a morning

excursion, you might also be able to do an afternoon one?  

Just trying to plan ahead.

The starting times will not show up until it is time to book them (in my experience).  Even then, the actual time of your excursion may change once you are on board.  This happens when they add more of a particular excursion.  Your best best is to plan, and then be flexible.

2 hours ago, snorkle lover said:

I am looking at the excursions available for our upcoming cruise in

April 2020. Is there a way to see the times various excursions begin?

I see the length of time an excursion lasts and maybe I am just not

looking in the right place. I am assuming that if you took a morning

excursion, you might also be able to do an afternoon one?  

Just trying to plan ahead.

1 hour ago, snorkle lover said:

Ok sounds good, I will give them a call. It would certainly be helpful to

know the times. We booked quite a long time ago but never got that information.

You won't be informed of the start times until the day that you can reserve them. You can get a hard copy of the probable (possible) excursions by visiting the cruise itinerary and for the first port after embarkation; just above the first excursion description, click on "E-mail", or "Print" or "Download".

Regent requires 75 minutes between the scheduled end of an ecursion that you book and the scheduled start of the next excursion that you can book. My experience from 15 Regent cruises, it's difficult to be able to meet this time requirement - sometimes possible though.

3 hours ago, snorkle lover said:

Ok sounds good, I will give them a call. It would certainly be helpful to

know the times. We booked quite a long time ago but never got that information.

Just to clarify, by "booking time", I think the other poster meant at excursion booking time, not cruise booking.  So as you approach the window, you should get this info, one way or another, either from your TA, online or by phoning Regent.

3 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Just to clarify, by "booking time", I think the other poster meant at excursion booking time, not cruise booking.  So as you approach the window, you should get this info, one way or another, either from your TA, online or by phoning Regent.

The TS clearly wanted to know excursion times rather than booking information.  However, for those interested in the date when you book excursions, it is easily found on the Regent website under My Account.

1 minute ago, Travelcat2 said:

The TS clearly wanted to know excursion times rather than booking information.  However, for those interested in the date when you book excursions, it is easily found on the Regent website under My Account.

Perhaps I wasn't clear.  What I meant was that excursion times would be available online or via the PDF when excursion booking opens, or immediately prior.

I do appreciate all the various information about the different times excursions begin. I am hoping that a call to Regent might be the way to find this out. My excursions choices might be somewhat influenced by this information so it would be great to know this prior to the

date we can book our excursions.

40 minutes ago, snorkle lover said:

I do appreciate all the various information about the different times excursions begin. I am hoping that a call to Regent might be the way to find this out. My excursions choices might be somewhat influenced by this information so it would be great to know this prior to the

date we can book our excursions.

Yep, call them.  A quick phone call will almost always get you hooked up...much better than the sometimes contradictory info here.   😄

OK, just got off the  phone with Regent and I was told that the excursions for our cruise in late April are not available to view on line and/or have them emailed to me until August 31. She did say we might be able to see them a few days prior to August 31. August 31 is first date that we can reserve the excursions. I am a bit discouraged that I won't have any time to really look them over to make decisions until the same day I will reserve.

Since this will be only our second Regent cruise, I forgot if this was the same as the first cruise. Does anybody else find this to 

be a difficult??

Yipee, I finally was able to go to where you put in a port and they list the available 

excursions. The only thing that is missing is the starting times but at least I am

able to see what  is offered and can be making some decisions prior to reserving.

in my opinion, thinking about doing two excursions in one day sounds better than it is in reality.  Doing it once or twice might work but getting up early, doing an excursion - sometimes rushing through lunch and getting back in time to shower and change for dinner can be exhausting (not just for older people).

Usually, on cruises longer than 7 nights, by the 3rd or 4th day people begin cancelling excursions (a good thing for those on the waiting list) because they are simply too tired and want to spend some time on the ship.