Royal Caribbean Transatlantics

I finally have my first transatlantic booked and have a few questions.

Do Royal put on lectures during transatlantics? Is the entertainment different to normal cruises and do they put on anything special for the passengers during the sea days?

We are in our 30s and I assume the crowd will be older? It’s not an issue, one of my favourite couples I met on a cruise were in their 90s and I looked forward to seeing them every evening. I love meeting people so I am hoping that so many sea days will mean we can have fun meeting new people.

We only have 2 ports so I am really looking forward to lots of relaxing sea days.

2 minutes ago, LoisGriffin1 said:

Do Royal put on lectures during transatlantics?

Is the entertainment different to normal cruises and do they put on anything special for the passengers during the sea days?

We are in our 30s and I assume the crowd will be older?

Yes.

No, typically same shows. Sometimes.

Yes.

3 minutes ago, LoisGriffin1 said:

Thanks. I have been reading through reviews but there isn’t a huge amount about entertainment. 

I am expecting poor weather in November so it’s good to know there will be plenty going on inside.

We have done Nov. TA'S from Southampton, Barcelona, Civitavecchia,  and Barcelona all going back to FLL. Knock on wood, all the TA'S have been shorts and T's after the first day. Have to love sea days. We have done 3 Oasis class and they have all been awesome. Voyager and Freedom class have much less to do but still never get bored.   

16 minutes ago, LoisGriffin1 said:

Thanks. I have been reading through reviews but there isn’t a huge amount about entertainment. 

I am expecting poor weather in November so it’s good to know there will be plenty going on inside.

Even regular 5-7niters or 10+ Royal has scaled back on the everyday Main Show Entertainment as many other things to do on ships then in past. I do 10-17nites 4-6 times a yr and last few yrs they have 2-3 nites with no main show. Then 1st nite and last nite are shorter welcome/goodbye shows combined one show only with both early and late Diner's. Do love longer Cruises and multiple Sea Days myself

Edited by ONECRUISER

Lois, my DH & I have done 2 TA's with Royal. Navigator in 2013 Barcelona to Galveston & Vision 3 months ago Galveston to Barcelona (17 days). The 1st one got us hooked on TA's. Hardly any kids & a great mix of PAX with great stories. We always take anytime dining so we can meet many new people at dinner. Really don't remember many of the shows or lectures but I sure played a lot of Trivia.

Vision is a smaller & older ship. Most of the shows were repeats & there were not many other choices in the evening. We had a terrific lecturer on board. Bob Perlow who was the former "warm-up" guy for shows like Jay Leno, Friends etc. Not the usual lecture subjects. Special stuff like "Crossing the Neptune" & Egg Drop are lots of fun.

I am assuming you are going on Allure & should have many choices of activities.

Enjoy!

I am on the Anthem 2020 which is only 12 nights so I am happy for the sea days.

The entertainment on the Explorer last month was poor. Sometimes there was only one show and other nights were replaced by movies. The cruise as a whole was excellent though and the staff were the best we had experienced.

We have only done 19 TA's to date, so I dont claim to be an expert.....but there is so much to do on the ships on the sea days you will discover you have to make some hard choices on which activity to pick.  During the daytime the weather will likely be cold....and VERY windy....

Be warned.....once you start doing TA's you will not want to do anything else.....enjoy

Doug

• Like 2