Laundry Services

Shelfish42

Laundry special is a good deal ($19.95).  Platinum perk is even better (free).  The bag you put the laundry in is flimsy.  But, if you pack carefully, one piece of laundry at a time, you can fill the bag without tearing it.

I’ve filled it with as much as 4 boxers, 3 shorts, 3 shirts, 1 workout short, 1 workout t-shirt, 3 pair socks.

11 minutes ago, Kdiamond55 said:

Does anyone know if they’ll just take your clothes and steam them? I’m gonna have a lot of wrinkly dresses in my suitcase after 2 days of traveling/hotel stay before boarding.

I would hang stuff in the bathroom while in the shower (instant steaming).  I also take the Downy Wrinkle Releaser spray.  It works marvelous!!!  I know other people also mention another brand,  but I can't think of that one off the top of my head

Yeah sometimes that works but not with everything, and I’m kinda crazy about wearing clothes with any wrinkles. I know I should try packing clothes that wrinkle less, but that isn’t gonna happen. 😂 I will probably just ask my room stew as soon as I meet him/her. 

I feel like I did get my clothes steamed one other cruise a while back but now I can’t remember! 😠

Edited by Kdiamond55

On 7/17/2019 at 3:34 PM, Shelfish42 said:

Does anyone know the approximate cost to have a load of laundry done on the Norwegian bliss? 

If you don't use the bag special laundry is billed on a piece by piece basis. The cost for a load in that case depends on what is in the load.

19 hours ago, Kdiamond55 said:

Does anyone know if they’ll just take your clothes and steam them? I’m gonna have a lot of wrinkly dresses in my suitcase after 2 days of traveling/hotel stay before boarding.

Yes they will, but the cost is almost as much as having the clothes laundered.

Just a reminder, you have to list each piece you put in the bag on the laundry sheet. I totally missed that part on the Getaway and they returned the bag so I could dump it all out and write the list. It is probably obvious to everyone else, but it wasn't to me.  I will say even with the delay I still received the basket of clean clothes the next day.

The mid-week laundry special is a great deal!  You can really fit a lot of clothes in the bag.  The bag does tear very easily, but we found that if you take one of the pillow cases in your room and put it inside the bag first like a liner, you can then fit a lot of clothes easily in the bag without it tearing.

Kdiamond55

Look for an embarkation special. On the Breakaway last fall they offered 50% off pressing for the day we boarded. We’ve decided to go this route from now on for my DH’s button down shirts and 1 or 2 of my dresses. Use Downey wrinkle release for other more casual clothes but DH likes to wear a dress shirt/tie a few nights which I don’t even bother ironing before we leave anymore. 

Edited by CarrieAP

With the list that BirdTravels has posted - any 5 items will be over the $19.95 bag deal.

So stuff that bag with as much as possible to get the best bang for the buck.

Please do remember to inventory your items to see the savings and check off the return of your laundry.

OH and be careful of those scratchy itchy ID tags that NCL attaches to your clothing at some of the most

critical sensitive areas of your physical being.

9 hours ago, CarrieAP said:

Kdiamond55

Look for an embarkation special. On the Breakaway last fall they offered 50% off pressing for the day we boarded. We’ve decided to go this route from now on for my DH’s button down shirts and 1 or 2 of my dresses. Use Downey wrinkle release for other more casual clothes but DH likes to wear a dress shirt/tie a few nights which I don’t even bother ironing before we leave anymore. 

That’s awesome. I certainly will look when I get on. Thanks!

Laundry and Dry Cleaning is generally offered on all ships for the price as posted on the list.

Service is not same day unless paying Express rates or Platinum laundry.

On short cruises (less than 5 days) the "Bag Deal" is not offered.

Dry Cleaning is never discounted - Pressing yes but not same thing !

The turn around time of the laundry service is not practical on short cruises - you would be

getting your clean clothes disembarking wearing your dirty duds.

Obviously on short cruises you would not need the full wardrobe of a 7 or more day cruise.

The laundry service while being a captive service to the NCL guests is not all that bad compared

to those cruise lines having self-service laundry and having to carry buckets of quarters to operate

the washing and drying machines - paying for detergents and then the WAITING to use the machines !