Prinsendam's conversion into Amera

Copper10-8

Hi,

just found a new video about Amera on youtube. 

It is German audio, but contains some nice info. In Germany there is a quite long lasting TV show about cruising. There are more than 200 show. This TV show will go on, and from now on will be produced on the Amera. 

If you see how beautiful the Amera is you could fully understand why this ship has been choosen.

regards

MBerry

• Like 1

Good link, MouseBerry, thanks for posting it. I liked everything about the transformation except the enclosed smoking room in Harry's Bar, looks like smoke would spread to the rest of the interior. The new video screen on the "pool deck without a pool" is a first in their fleet as is the Gold room (former Neptune Lounge) for suite guests only. If I understood correctly, pools are little used on Phoenix Reisen and having just one on the Amera brings the ship in line with the fleet.

I would like to sail on the Amera, but doubt that I could convince my wife to.

Hi whogo,

exactly that‘s what Phoenix figured out. Pool at Lido deck is not used very often.

They will try to use the place for general entertainment purposes. I used the lido pool deck on different HAL ships for sunbathing but never used the pool for swimming. The aft pool area on the Amera is very nice. I think the new concept looks quite good.

I never sailed with the Prinsendam, but am very attracted by the Amera. The pricepoint  for Amera is higher than what we usually payed for HAL cruises.

But beverages are much much cheaper. So we have to drink a lot to make it par.

I cannot understand why HAL let float this beauty away. 

regards

MBerry

Wow!  What a video.  That was a major amount of money they put into Prinsendam.  It makes me even sadder that HAL didn't think she was worth the investment to spruce her up and make her young again.  The Crow's Nest looks still familiar, and I was amazed at the amount of art and memorabilia that stayed with the ship.  I'm not crazy about what they did with the Ocean Bar area, although it probably meets their needs, and they removed the Explorers' Lounge and Java Bar.   Not too much change to the Pinnacle or the Showroom at Sea (sorry, I will never get used to the new names...).  I wonder if most of the staterooms remained pretty much the same.  We have visited Neptune suites and  stayed in Signature suites on board, as well as Verandahs and OVs, for over 100 days.  We will miss her, for sure.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

No more walk-in closets!  (except in the "Neptune" suite)

The walk in closets are still there, the Amera deck plans show them with plenty of references to walk in closets. The cameraman toured at least two accessible cabins and one of the former Prinsendam AB added cabins that did not have them. As a man, he was not interested in showing the closets.

Trident, English is the official language of the staff.

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

The staterooms look nothing like the old Prinsendam!  The bathrooms are the same, but I guess they had to reconfigure the rooms to accommodate the big tv's.  No more walk-in closets!  (except in the "Neptune" suite)

Thanks for the link, whogo.

Actually I saw a lot of similarities in the Neptune and Signature Suites at least.

Same bathroom, same walk in closets.  They did remove some wood work where the wine glasses were and replace some counter and soft goods but I was very surprised that the bathrooms were left as is.