Breakaway June 30 sailing - changes

davy jones

5 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

The discussion in Cagney's would end with me saying, "What you are saying is contrary to the stated Terms & Conditions, and the restrictions you are describing are not written in any official public NCL document. The manager does not have the discretion to set policies that contradict NCL's own T&C. If this is going to continue, I will be calling the hotel manager directly." 

You are free to do that.

To me, it is something that does not reflect well on the current state of NCL.  I'm not going to put a server in an awkward position over something that their manager tells them to do.  It's only some lettuce and I certainly did not leave hungry.  

That said, the constant changes, fine print, and squeezing has become an issue to be considered when choosing future cruises.  You can no longer feel that the onboard life will be the same as the one that you booked.

11 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

The discussion in Cagney's would end with me saying, "What you are saying is contrary to the stated Terms & Conditions, and the restrictions you are describing are not written in any official public NCL document. The manager does not have the discretion to set policies that contradict NCL's own T&C. If this is going to continue, I will be calling the hotel manager directly." 

Wow! Well, I guess that's one way of putting the waiter in his place, isn't it?  

I did have occasion to correct/dispute what a waiter was indicating to me about the SDP meal, however, I simply advised them, "I think you're getting my Platinum meal confused with this SDP dinner."  There were no add'l charges. 

1 hour ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Wow! Well, I guess that's one way of putting the waiter in his place, isn't it?  

I did have occasion to correct/dispute what a waiter was indicating to me about the SDP meal, however, I simply advised them, "I think you're getting my Platinum meal confused with this SDP dinner."  There were no add'l charges. 

I wouldn't waste a second of the waiter's time with it. The second he/she tried to give me that line, I'd immediately ask for a manager and this is what I'd say to them. 

18 hours ago, wiscwood said:

Thanks for the tips!  Question about the Noodle Bar.  You mentioned they take reservations now.  My booking window doesn't open for a few days, but it says "no reservations offered" for the Noodle Bar still.  Do we have to wait to get onboard to book it, or will it open up online when the other restaurants do?

Try booking when your reservation window opens up.  The worst thing that can happen is that it will say to book onboard.

Just remembered this.  DW and SIL like spinning classes.  They reserved all of the spinning classes for the week.  They took the first class and thought that the class was fine, but the equipment was in disrepair and potentially unsafe, particularly the foot stirrups.  (Note, that I do not do spin classes, so I not be using proper terminology.)

They cancelled their remaining reservations for the week.