Penthouse Suites

Beachvue

Considering trying a cruise on Oceania.   Penthouse suite 8055.  It is located under Terrace Cafe. 

Concerned about hearing noise from the restaurant.  If anyone has stayed in this room or in the vicinity would appreciate comments.   

13 minutes ago, Beachvue said:

Considering trying a cruise on Oceania.   Penthouse suite 8055.  It is located under Terrace Cafe. 

Concerned about hearing noise from the restaurant.  If anyone has stayed in this room or in the vicinity would appreciate comments.   

We've stayed in 8055 on the Nautica and it was fine.  The Terrace Restaurant is carpeted in that section, so chairs don't scrape.  

What you do hear is in the middle of the night, then rolling some types of kart carts around. Don’t know what it is, but happens nightly.

For what it’s worth we’ve stayed in 8055 before and will be in 8057 for 20 days coming up soon. So even though it’s annoying , not a deal breaker.Actually gets quieter moving farthest aft as possible to a PH3. 

• Like 1

We were in 8057 in O's early days ... didn't notice any noise at all that I can recall.  But that was long ago and things may have changed.

Probably have ...

If you are a light sleeper avoid the cabin!!

You will here the noise around 10pm and around 4-5am.  It is rolling the terrace food cards to/from the kitchen after and before dinner/breakfast.   Me -- did not bother.  DW was a killer.

Edited by PaulMCO

Thank you.    Since the itinerary we are considering (South America) is similar to Viking Ocean and we have sailed with Viking before, given the location of the room on Oceania I think we we will book again with Viking.  Thanks again for all the feedback.  

2 minutes ago, Beachvue said:

Thank you.    Since the itinerary we are considering (South America) is similar to Viking Ocean and we have sailed with Viking before, given the location of the room on Oceania I think we we will book again with Viking.  Thanks again for all the feedback.  

You could  sail on Marina  where  the PH locations  are not  a big problem like on the smaller ship

Just a thought if you want to try Oceania

Greetings, Beachvue, from South Beach. DH and I have sailed on Marina and Riviera in PHs on deck 10, and are currently booked in one for the TA Rome to Miami in October of 2020. We have never been bothered by noise. The walk in closet is huge and very well appointed, and  bigger than the one we had in our PH on Regent's Explorer. It is large enough to hold all our luggage and has a large dresser with multiple deep drawers.There is also lots of storage in the suite. The bathroom is very comfortable.

We always choose port side because  we sail so often from Miami and get to see our condo from that side. Silly but fun for us.

Mary

Hi Mary.  Appreciate your comments.  From all the comments received I believe the Marina and Rivera ships would be our choice on Oceania.  Checked earlier today to see if the itinerary we are interested in is available.  Unfortunately all PH rooms are sold out.  So we have booked again with Viking for February 2020.    Will definitely look into a cruise on Oceania in the future.  

P,S.  Also doing a transatlantic in Oct. 2020, Lisbon\Miami with Viking.