Holland website pricing US$/CAN$

FrankieSue

Recently I have found that each time I log in to Holland’s website, I get different pricing currency. Sometimes, I get CAN$ pricing, sometimes I get USA$ pricing.... I am located in Canada... this gets very confusing. Anyone else has experienced this? When I log in from Canada, I used to always automatically get Can$ pricing.

Yes, I always used to get CND pricing automatically without logging in, even.   Now I get USD automatically and have to log in to get CND.  You have to watch carefully for the "CND" emblem. Possibly HAL doesn't want to "confuse" us with USD pricing?

I do note that the CND pricing has been different lately for me and DH, both 5 stars, both same number of days.  

Often times as a US resident I will go to HAL website and see pricing in CAD and after logging in it switches to USD.  I think their website has issues w/ certain internet providers and IP address and gets confused.  While the HAL website has never been fantastic it seems that since they merged their website workgroup w/ Carnival corp and it was off-shored things have gone from Grim to Reaper

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

At least you can get some pricing! Our final payment is due next week and I've been trying for over 2 weeks to check pricing for any kind of reduction and can't get to the page where I can check this.

I can go to Hal's website and not sign in and get the prices in US$, but as a Canadian, when I sign in, I get the prices in Cdn$.   Kind of sad the difference in the $numbers as a Canadain.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, boards said:

I can go to Hal's website and not sign in and get the prices in US$, but as a Canadian, when I sign in, I get the prices in Cdn$.   Kind of sad the difference in the $numbers as a Canadain.

A lot of my CND pricing for Alaska this year is now at par or quite close.

14 minutes ago, boards said:

How is that possible with rate about 1.30 to 1??  in Ontario.

HAL is charging me, for example, at par, or close in some cases:  100 USD or 100 CND, or sometimes about 108 CND

Edited by SilvertoGold

1 minute ago, SilvertoGold said:

HAL is charging, for example, at par or close, in some cases:  100 USD or 100 CND, or sometimes about 108 CND

Are you saying if I book a cruise via the US Hal site, they would not charge the going rate?    I have in the past booked US on my charge card and I have paid the exchange of the day.   So how is it possible???

3 minutes ago, boards said:

Are you saying if I book a cruise via the US Hal site, they would not charge the going rate?    I have in the past booked US on my charge card and I have paid the exchange of the day.   So how is it possible???

I am saying if I book in Canada through a TA or even on the HAL website, my pricing, in CND, is the same or close to the USD price. This is for many Alaska cruises for the remainder of the 2019 season.

On 7/19/2019 at 6:02 PM, SilvertoGold said:

Yes, I always used to get CND pricing automatically without logging in, even.   Now I get USD automatically and have to log in to get CND.  You have to watch carefully for the "CND" emblem. Possibly HAL doesn't want to "confuse" us with USD pricing?

I do note that the CND pricing has been different lately for me and DH, both 5 stars, both same number of days.  

I find the same thing happen. You have to log in to the HAL site to get correct pricing 

11 hours ago, Kate45 said:

At least you can get some pricing! Our final payment is due next week and I've been trying for over 2 weeks to check pricing for any kind of reduction and can't get to the page where I can check this.

It may be that your cruise is sold out and there, so no prices to look and see.

Edited by Taters

13 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

I am saying if I book in Canada through a TA or even on the HAL website, my pricing, in CND, is the same or close to the USD price. This is for many Alaska cruises for the remainder of the 2019 season.

Thank you.  I checked my cruise price in both and checked the Cdn against the exchange rate and Hal price is better.  I haven't checked that for a long time and am very surprised.  However I did get good pricing at the time I booked last year for the cruise we are on in the fall, so I think I got a good deal.  Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

2 hours ago, boards said:

Thank you.  I checked my cruise price in both and checked the Cdn against the exchange rate and Hal price is better.  I haven't checked that for a long time and am very surprised.  However I did get good pricing at the time I booked last year for the cruise we are on in the fall, so I think I got a good deal.  Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

You are most welcome.  HAL's exchange pricing is all over the place.  Really huge differences, from at par to 32% difference between USD and CND.  It really pays to keep an eye on cruises that interest you.

Have a wonderful cruise in the fall!

On 7/21/2019 at 10:05 AM, SilvertoGold said:

You are most welcome.  HAL's exchange pricing is all over the place.  Really huge differences, from at par to 32% difference between USD and CND.  It really pays to keep an eye on cruises that interest you.

Have a wonderful cruise in the fall!

I am disappointed to tell you that someone must have been reading our comments who has the power to make changes to the Hal website, because I cannot now get the prices in both US$ or Cdn$ this morning like I could when we were answering one another on the 21st.  It now shows only in Cdn$.   WHY???   What's the problem?

Edited by boards