What to do in Seward for 12hrs?

fstuff1

im doing a back to back on NCL Jewel at the end of July. (Vancouver to Seward, then Seward to Vancouver)

i arrive in Seward at 5am and the 2nd leg of the cruise doesnt leave till 9pm.

thats 16hrs so i figure i have 12hrs to explore.

i looked up excursions from my usual 3rd party travel site (Costco) but none of the 3 tours interest me:

https://www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com/port/Seward-Shore-Excursions

suggestions?

Edited by fstuff1

A couple of times we have enjoyed taking a kayaking tour out of Seward into Kenai Fjords.  You take the water taxi out to get close to a glacier.  And one of the best times we ever had whale-watching was on a water taxi coming back from a kayak trip.  A humpback was leaping and breaching a few dozen times.

We used Kayak Adventures Worldwide and very quite happy both times.

I would also suggest the Kenai Fjords tour, the longer the better. The scenery is spectacular. Exit Glacier is a nice option with a chance to get close to a glacier. I've never been to the Sea Life center but it seems very popular.

• Like 1

I am all about wildlife, especially marine animals so I would do the longest possible tour out on Resurrection Bay/Kenai Fjords. The view from each boat is very different. Smaller boats give yo a more intimate experience.

Seward is a nice town to walk around and explore. 

What are your interests?

All good ideas above, and will add a few more. You can make the five mile hike to Caines Head. It is a trail that follows the coastline and is rated one of the top ten hikes in AK. You could also visit the Alaska Sea Life Center in Seward. We were there last week and it is a delightful sea life center with aquariums, fish, birds, gift shop, etc. You could easily spend 2 hours or 5 hours there. You could also book a half day of fishing for silver salmon. Check with The Fish House. You can arrange to ship the fish home. There is also good fishing in town in waling distance or taxi ride distance. The Fish House is a tackle store and can tell you where to go.