Is Princess having phone issues?

RMM34667

I just got off the phone with them. It took 5 tries, as it would connect me through, ring about 15 times and then disconnect. I finally got through by choosing another option. I think I chose the "looking for a new booking" instead of "working with a travel agent" choice.

It sounds like the telephone exchange is overloaded with a large amount of calls to that number.  When that happens strange things happen like disconnects etc.  They need better service from their telephone company (most likely AT&T).

I stopped by my TA today and handed him $5,000 in gift cards (recent promos caused me to purchase them) and he showed me a note he got from Princess today regarding phone issues. Definitely a real thing. Their phone lines were totally messed up today.

5 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I stopped by my TA today and handed him $5,000 in gift cards (recent promos caused me to purchase them) and he showed me a note he got from Princess today regarding phone issues. Definitely a real thing. Their phone lines were totally messed up today.

I hope he has better luck getting them applied than the one rep you dealt with.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I hope he has better luck getting them applied than the one rep you dealt with.

My phone call was exactly that, trying to apply $25 promo gift cards before they expire next week. Sent them to my TA on Sunday night and received auto reply that she was away till the 30th.

Thankfully, the rep I got through to, called the help desk when he didn't know how to do it, and successfully did 5 transactions for me!

4 minutes ago, flutprop said:

Sent them to my TA on Sunday night and received auto reply that she was away till the 30th.

with no backup relief ? - wonderful ...

guess you might need to work your cruises around her/his schedule ?

Just now, voljeep said:

with no backup relief ? - wonderful ...

guess you might need to work your cruises around her/his schedule ?

She does have someone covering her, and that info was in the auto-reply. But since this was something I could have taken care of earlier in the month, or even last month when I bought them, I wanted to try to get it done myself. 

I am cruising in 11 days as well (another trip) so if there are problems before then, I will definitely be reaching out.

• Thanks 1