Adding a 3rd person to an inside cabin - Crazy "Sale" Price

scouseronline

We booked 5 inside cabins for 2 people in each cabin, when they had the "free" perk promotion. Non refundable rate sailing in November 2019.  It was a good itinerary and we were happy with the price. Last minute family get together as we have already completed 4 Celebrity cruises this year to date.

A single friend would like to join us, read about the 50% off 3rd and 4th guest, so I phoned to ask about the cost to add a 3rd person to the cabin, understanding they would not get the free perk. Just wanted her to be able to join us.

I was told the cabin only holds 2, so I requested reassignment in the same class to a cabin for 3. 

Celebrity said that we would lose the perk we have, even though we are just changing cabin, not class, category or sailing,  now the cost would be $200 pp more with no perk AND the 3rd person cost was $1199 V $1299 plus taxes for the 1st 2 people, no perks.

I asked how $1199 equates to 50% off when the 1st 2 people are paying $1299 each ? She got flustered, had no answer and put me on hold, after holding for more than 12 minutes I hung up, which  I think was their goal. 

I don't see why they couldn't just move us 2 cabins away from where we are and charge for the 3rd person at the sale rate. The cost for the cabin was exactly the same when we booked whether we chose a cabin that holds 2, 3 or 4 ! 

Not impressed ! 

Edited by scouseronline

I dont believe you can stack sales prices and perks- with some people in a cabin getting the benefits from one sale and someone else  in the same cabin getting the benefits of another sale. Call back again and iron out the price for a 3 person cabin . But be prepared to lose the perks from your other cabin.

And don’t hang up. They were probably getting approval of something they don’t have authority to do. But your right, 12 min is way long. They usually come back and let you know they are still working the issue and to please continue to hold. 

Den

Try again in a few days

..maybe  you can move,  keep your price and perks and pay the going rate for third person..if you really want them to join you...

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, gold1953 said:

You purchased when a perk was a part of your price. The perk sale is gone and they are offering a 3rd person sale . You can't have both

How is $100 less for the 3rd person v 2 people in a cabin a sale ?  

I agree $1,199 is not 50%, but all we can do is commiserate with you. I don’t think we have any answers or suggestions beyond talking to Celebrity who I assume you made the reservations with. 

If you want the person to join you, call them and work it through. 

Den