Why can't I ever find two adjacent cabins?

jbethel11

13 hours ago, zqvol said:

Not outside, connecting cabins can  have the interior doors open, but not the balconies.

Escape (away class ship) the balcony dividers do open. It's supposedly against NCL policy.

A few years ago we asked to get ours opened and we were granted our wish. Maybe the officer we asked was feeling generous, maybe they take limited request or any other reason.

I have my doubts an officer would put his job in jeopardy to do that for us. Maybe asking politely, striking up a conversation with him in the Vibe helped , who knows. We would have been happy either way but enjoyed sitting out there at night with our traveling mates.

8 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

I didn’t quote you, I quoted another poster with no mention of when they are sailing. When you called NCL, did they say all of the connecting cabins are sold out?

My apologies. 

6 hours ago, beerman2 said:

A few years ago we asked to get ours opened and we were granted our wish. Maybe the officer we asked was feeling generous, maybe they take limited request or any other reason.

I have my doubts an officer would put his job in jeopardy to do that for us.

The policy has changed/been tweaked a few times over the years. It used to be allowed, then allowed in certain parts of the ship, then allowed at the captain's discretion, etc. People who were denied complained when some were allowed and some weren't. NCL then decided that it isn't allowed at all. It still happens (steward wants that tip money) but it isn't allowed.