Western Caribbean land excursion booking

VacayGuy

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum. I will be on a Western Caribbean cruise starting April 4th on RC's Rhapsody of the Seas.

What is the closest to April 4th I should dare to still not any excursions booked? I am wondering how fast they may become fully booked? I would book now, but I'm not 100% sure which ones I want to do at which port. (Costa Maya, Cozumel, Belize City, and Roatan Island Honduras)

I am thinking we will want to go:

1)  tour a Mayan Ruin site from Costa Maya.

2) Snorkeling and hang out at a beach in Roatan.

3) swim or raft through a cenote or maybe do the Punta Sur Eco-park in Cozumel.

4) probably go cave tubing or maybe just hang out at port in Belize City.

Let me hear from you all on what is your favorite things to do at each of these ports of call.

Let me know how close to April 4th will be too late to book and get to do what we want to do.

Let me know if there are trusted 3rd party companies you use instead of the RC sponsored ones.

Thanks for your answers

• Thanks 1

Welcome to CC!

If you go to the RCI roll call and ask fellow cruisers already on that post you'll get more information 

> Boards

> Royal Caribbean 

> Rhapsody 

> April 2020

You could also go to the 'flag' by your name and ask the Moderators to move your post. 

Edited by Ombud

Here is a link to your Roll Call, where you can chat with your fellow cruisers:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2649808-rhapsody-of-the-seas-april-4-2020-from-tampa/

You can also look for the Ports of Call forum on the main forum page, to see discussions and reviews of things to do and independant tour vendors for each port. We usually do DIY port days or use independant vendors for excursions,  but I'll offer one caution: it is usually safer to go with a cruise excursion if you have to travel any significant distance from the ship. If you are late returning, the ship will (usually) wait for their own excursions. This may be an important consideration if your plans include the ferry from a Cozumel to the mainland.

If there is an excursion you really want, or if you are booking a large group, I would not wait.  On one trip to Cozumel, I reserved space at Nachi Cocom for 16 family members, you would not wait for this sort of booking

I can't find a flag next to my name to ask about moving this post. I will create a new post in the roll call as suggested. So, if you wish to follow it for answers, you will find this reposted there.

Thanks.

• 5 months later...
On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:07 PM, txjim09 said:

If there is an excursion you really want, or if you are booking a large group, I would not wait.  On one trip to Cozumel, I reserved space at Nachi Cocom for 16 family members, you would not wait for this sort of booking

How did you like Nachi Cocom?

35 minutes ago, VacayGuy said:

Loved it.  The food was outstanding and the drinks were good quality.  I must admit that part of the love may be from the fact that we had the extended family there as well (16 of us) and all had a great time. 

Tried to recreate the magic in an all inclusive when we had a Progresso stop.  Poor quality food, overly sweet and weak drinks, etc...  Made me miss Nachi Cocom all the more.

1 hour ago, VacayGuy said:

We have booked it on several Cozumel visits where a All Inclusive beach day was desired ..

Excellent choice but you have to book it early online as they have a strict daily guest limit.

We did that itineray. We used cave-tubing.com to book the cave tubing excursion and would recommend them. They put together a nice trip and were very experienced and professional. I would not hang out in the port area in belize city personally. 

We did a wonderful chocolate factory tour in Cozumel this past August. I discovered it here on Cruise Critic and was so glad we booked it. It's a small operation but, you get hands on experience making chocolate and lots of free tastes along the way. 

https://kaokaochocolatefactorytour.com/

It's only about a 15-minute cab ride from the cruise pier and there are plenty of cabs as you exit the pier. The chocolate factory will call you a cab when you are done with the class. Highly recommended. 

Jonathan