Carnival Magic from Fort Lauderdale

I will be taking a 6 night cruise in February and have never sailed from Port Everglades. The itinerary shows the ship returns at 8 am. I am looking at a 12:00 flight. DOes anyone know if the ship usually does get in at or before 8? Or what time you usually can be off the ship?

4 minutes ago, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

I will be taking a 6 night cruise in February and have never sailed from Port Everglades. The itinerary shows the ship returns at 8 am. I am looking at a 12:00 flight. DOes anyone know if the ship usually does get in at or before 8? Or what time you usually can be off the ship?

I asked @BNBR what time Magic was scheduled to arrive. They responded with:

I asked a similar question to @tbndx, and they responded with

Ft. Lauderdale port is a quick taxi or Uber ride to the airport.  Taxis readily available when you debark.  12pm flight should be just fine.  We have done 9:40 - 11 am flights several times and had no issues at all.  We do self debarkation and usually are in line to get off ship by 7am., so that we are first off once the ship is cleared.

Edited by nik23
typo
  • Thanks 1

A tip I've learned, that I WILL be utilizing next time I disembark in Port Everglades for an Early flight, is telling GS that you have an early flight, and that I would like to be one of the first people of the ship. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, evandbob said:

Shouldn't be a problem with a noon flight at all.

Hopefully, there won't be pax claiming an early flight to get a low zone # when all they want to do is get off the ship early for their drive home.

Yeah, maybe Carnival should check documents proving they have an early flight. 

FLL is so close to Port Everglades. I just checked my Lyft app and saw that we were picked up at the port at 9:35 am and dropped off FLL at 9:45 am. We took our time getting off the ship and were at the airport in plenty of time for our flight that was before noon (it was 11 something but I don’t recall the exact flight time). 

• Thanks 1