Transfers/Sold Out Excursion--Questions

Italy52

We just booked a last minute cruise that sails at the end of September.  I have two questions:  we purchased transfers from airport to the ship and don't see them anywhere in our Personalizer --- where can I find them?  Also, a tour we wanted to take is sold out.  If I call Princess Excursions can I be put on a waiting list or do I just keep checking back to see if someone has cancelled?  I would normally book independently but we will be tendering the day of the tour we want and don't know the exact time we will arrive on shore to book independently and don't want to take any chances missing the ship back.  I am used to Alaska tour timelines --- California Coastal cruises are all new to me.

1 minute ago, riffatsea said:

Wh y don't you tell folks which ports you are talking about and they may have more information for you.

No idea where to find transfers in your personalizer as we don't book those, sorry.

Not that it matters, the port is Monterey.  Just curious how to work within the Princess system for excursions.

Not sure which tour you feel you must take in Monterey?

The aquarium there is the best around and would be easy to do without a tour!

No matter which cruise line you are on when booking an independent tour, they will wait for you until you are off the ship. No one can guarantee that you'll get off a waiting list to get a tour that is sold out.

3 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

Not sure which tour you feel you must take in Monterey?

The aquarium there is the best around and would be easy to do without a tour!

No matter which cruise line you are on when booking an independent tour, they will wait for you until you are off the ship. No one can guarantee that you'll get off a waiting list to get a tour that is sold out.

Whale watching. 

8 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Not that it matters, the port is Monterey.  Just curious how to work within the Princess system for excursions.

I agree that it doesn’t matter what port.  It also doesn’t matter what tour.

to see that you paid for your transfer it is not the most easiest thing to find on the cruise personalizer. However when you print out your boarding pass you'll have a little picture of a bus and that's a key for those who work for the line that represents that you have a transfer included with your Chris Fair. When you go to print your boarding pass I believe there is an area where you can print out your cruise itinerary and information I forgot the actual term as I don't have a booking that's that close to sailing for me to pull it up. But within that whole document it also mentions that there's a transfer. When you get to the airport they do have a manifest with those who have purchased the transfer to your name should be on that list I wouldn't worry too much.

The transfer shows up in the booking confirmation you receive from the T.A. or Princess. I believe it is labeled "packages." Bring a copy with you. Return transfer tickets are delivered to your cabin from the tour desk. When you arrive at the airport collect your luggage and then report to the Princess rep who will be there with your name listed for the transfer.

If you see a tour that is sold out, yes, I would call Princess and see if you can be placed on a wait list.

For information tendering on Princess works in the following manner:

Full Suite and Captain's Circle Elite receive priority tendering.

Those on Princess tours report to the on board location shown on the tour ticket. They will tender ashore as a group. Some times the ship runs two pontoons, one for the Princess tours and the other for the rest of the passengers.

All others receive tender tickets in order of arrival at the tender ticket location which is usually a DR. It is one ticket per person. Example, wife can not pick up two tickets for the husband that show up later. Both have to be there. Tendering to shore will begin shortly after 8am. It can take a good two hours or more to get everyone ashore. At some point in the morning there will be an announcement indicating tender tickets are no longer required, just report directly to the pontoon.

Hope this information is helpful.

2 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

to see that you paid for your transfer it is not the most easiest thing to find on the cruise personalizer. However when you print out your boarding pass you'll have a little picture of a bus and that's a key for those who work for the line that represents that you have a transfer included with your Chris Fair. When you go to print your boarding pass I believe there is an area where you can print out your cruise itinerary and information I forgot the actual term as I don't have a booking that's that close to sailing for me to pull it up. But within that whole document it also mentions that there's a transfer. When you get to the airport they do have a manifest with those who have purchased the transfer to your name should be on that list I wouldn't worry too much.

Thanks again for your assistance, you have been very helpful.  I did see the "bus logo" on my Boarding Pass.  I also managed to find a post (some how I missed it earlier) that gave me information for finding transfer info --- I went into my calendar and it was right under my embarkation port (Seattle.)

• Like 1

Just now, Italy52 said:

Thanks again for your assistance, you have been very helpful.  I did see the "bus logo" on my Boarding Pass.  I also managed to find a post (some how I missed it earlier) that gave me information for finding transfer info --- I went into my calendar and it was right under my embarkation port (Seattle.)

My pleasure 😊

2 minutes ago, skynight said:

The transfer shows up in the booking confirmation you receive from the T.A. or Princess. I believe it is labeled "packages." Bring a copy with you. Return transfer tickets are delivered to your cabin from the tour desk. When you arrive at the airport collect your luggage and then report to the Princess rep who will be there with your name listed for the transfer.

If you see a tour that is sold out, yes, I would call Princess and see if you can be placed on a wait list.

For information tendering on Princess works in the following manner:

Full Suite and Captain's Circle Elite receive priority tendering.

Those on Princess tours report to the on board location shown on the tour ticket. They will tender ashore as a group. Some times the ship runs two pontoons, one for the Princess tours and the other for the rest of the passengers.

All others receive tender tickets in order of arrival at the tender ticket location which is usually a DR. It is one ticket per person. Example, wife can not pick up two tickets for the husband that show up later. Both have to be there. Tendering to shore will begin shortly after 8am. It can take a good two hours or more to get everyone ashore. At some point in the morning there will be an announcement indicating tender tickets are no longer required, just report directly to the pontoon.

Hope this information is helpful.

Thanks very much for the information, I appreciate it.  It has been ages since we tendered with Princess but do recall that it took a bit before we got off the ship.

23 minutes ago, bemis12 said:

I agree that it doesn’t matter what port.  It also doesn’t matter what tour.

I disagree ... It DOES matter what port ... because if the OP is saying that Monterey is the ONLY port they're stopping at ... I and I'm sure many others here on CC would advise to definitely NOT take a cruise line excursion ... to do sightseeing on their own.  Be it the aquarium or a whale watch trip.  Or a tour bus, etc... 

But are there cruises that only stop in CA or Monterey as the only port?  I didn't know that. 

16 minutes ago, CruiseGal999 said:

I disagree ... It DOES matter what port ... because if the OP is saying that Monterey is the ONLY port they're stopping at ... I and I'm sure many others here on CC would advise to definitely NOT take a cruise line excursion ... to do sightseeing on their own.  Be it the aquarium or a whale watch trip.  Or a tour bus, etc... 

But are there cruises that only stop in CA or Monterey as the only port?  I didn't know that. 

I agree with you in full that a lot of people will not answer the question that was asked.

FYI, the cruise is a 7-day cruise.  The reason Monterey was mentioned is because that is the only port that we wanted to take a particular excursion.  I believe my questions have been answered and I thank all that helped me out.

Did you get your answer regarding the sold out excursion?  We tried to book a sold out excursion on a Baltic cruise.  If I recall  we added it to the cart and it asked if we wanted to be waitlisted.  It stayed in the Personaliser with it noted as waitlisted.  A couple of days later we got an email telling us to pay for it if we still wanted the tour.  I then just went back in and it showed up as an open item in the cart and I checked out and paid for it.

11 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

FYI, the cruise is a 7-day cruise.  The reason Monterey was mentioned is because that is the only port that we wanted to take a particular excursion.  I believe my questions have been answered and I thank all that helped me out.

You're welcome .... glad to help whenever I can.  

26 minutes ago, vjblk said:

Did you get your answer regarding the sold out excursion?  We tried to book a sold out excursion on a Baltic cruise.  If I recall  we added it to the cart and it asked if we wanted to be waitlisted.  It stayed in the Personaliser with it noted as waitlisted.  A couple of days later we got an email telling us to pay for it if we still wanted the tour.  I then just went back in and it showed up as an open item in the cart and I checked out and paid for it.

The excursion is marked "sold out" and won't allow me to put it into the cart.  All I can do is put it on my wish list.  I will continue to monitor it.  Thanks for your post, I appreciate it.

2 hours ago, Italy52 said:

I have two questions:  we purchased transfers from airport to the ship and don't see them anywhere in our Personalizer --- where can I find them? 

Our transfers show up on our Travel Summary document.  While you're logged into the Personalizer, click on 'Boarding Pass & Travel Summary', then 'Print Travel Summary'.  Our transfers are listed under the 'Itinerary' section.

1 hour ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Our transfers show up on our Travel Summary document.  While you're logged into the Personalizer, click on 'Boarding Pass & Travel Summary', then 'Print Travel Summary'.  Our transfers are listed under the 'Itinerary' section.

Found it, thank you.